No Player Values?

Hi,

Does anyone think there's any room for FM to have in future an option to "Hide player values" much like the attribute masking?

The reason I say this, is that from what I can see, player's values seem to be linked far too closely to the hidden attributes of CA, PA and Reputation, whereas in real life transfer fees seem far more dictated by Current Form (plus potential and reputation of course a little). For example, would Andy Carroll ever have been transferred for £35mill in FM? I doubt it very much. I can remember in old versions of FM, if someone had a blinding season then their value increased quite a bit, but not so much now.

Also, much like with attribute masking, you couldn't just pick up a team sheet of say AFC Bournemouth, and just scan through and say "Ah, Marc Pugh, he's worth the most here" so to list all of the values does make it slightly unrealistic.

Just wanted to throw that out there as an option for the future, or at least an overhaul of the value workings maybe?

Any other thoughts?

There are no prospective transfer fees in real life so it would be far more realistic to have the option to turn values off.

What about players who are on the transfer list?

If values were hidden there would have to be an option for clubs to set asking prices which would be on public display

Have you ever seen the transfer list?

Players on the transfer list DO NOT have a value.

In real life a player has no value until such a time as a deal is being done. You can't argue with that. Any figures quoted are pure speculation.

The game would be much more realistic without values.

Hi,

Does anyone think there's any room for FM to have in future an option to "Hide player values" much like the attribute masking?

The reason I say this, is that from what I can see, player's values seem to be linked far too closely to the hidden attributes of CA, PA and Reputation, whereas in real life transfer fees seem far more dictated by Current Form (plus potential and reputation of course a little). For example, would Andy Carroll ever have been transferred for £35mill in FM? I doubt it very much. I can remember in old versions of FM, if someone had a blinding season then their value increased quite a bit, but not so much now.

Also, much like with attribute masking, you couldn't just pick up a team sheet of say AFC Bournemouth, and just scan through and say "Ah, Marc Pugh, he's worth the most here" so to list all of the values does make it slightly unrealistic.

Just wanted to throw that out there as an option for the future, or at least an overhaul of the value workings maybe?

Any other thoughts?

That's a very good suggestion and I would love that option in future releases! Really great idea!

Have you ever seen the transfer list?

Players on the transfer list DO NOT have a value.

In real life a player has no value until such a time as a deal is being done. You can't argue with that. Any figures quoted are pure speculation.

The game would be much more realistic without values.

It doesn't exist irl :)

Im not saying it's a bad idea, but id like the option of being able to set an asking price

Yeah, being able to set an asking price if wanted would be fine, that does some times happen in real life, e.g Charlie Adam at Blackpool, Ian Holloway made it perfectly clear that he wouldn't go for anything less than £12mill or so!

Because also, the value and the asking price are totally different anyway, the asking price is dictated by the manager, which is realistic, but the value is determinded by factors fixed in the game and calculated which is what managers don't get in real life (obviously!)

I also think the enquiry option would still be fine, as that happens IRL too.

I wasn't suggesting having this as mandatory anyway, but having an option to have no values would make it quite fun I think?

Archived