Minimum Fee Release Cause Issue.

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted, i searched for a few mins and couldn't find it anywhere - but i was curious if anyone can help.

I have an issue with not being able to increase a players minimum fee release cause when offering a new contract. You may or may not be familliar with Alvaro Dominguez at Atletico Madrid - but as he comes through the youth academy at the start of the game, he has no minumum fee release cause in his contract. Im 2 seasons in and he has vastly improved into a great center-half with Barce, Man U, Chelsea etc. becoming interested. Here begins the problem...

Basically, he is still on his youth contract of around £11,000 a week but is unhappy and wants a better contract. I agree, rightly so he wants an improved deal...

However, no matter how much i offer him, his agent wont budge on insisting that he has a £9 million minimum fee release cause. If i give into this, he is almost guaranteed to be leaving in the next window when a bid comes in. I don't want him to remain unhappy or leave. I want to tie him down to a long term deal and not worry about being robbed blind for one of the best young center backs on the game.

Any ideas on how to get around this problem ?

Can you use the trick where you set his asking price to £0 and all clubs will bid that, set to reject all offers and no club will ever offer the release clause, just keep coming back with bids of £0/

Does that still work? Never tried it myself.

Not a bug or flaw in my book. Maybe needs tweaking, but when an agent is involved, your negotiating with the agent. Every time the player moves his agent gets a cut. So logic tells us that the agent wants as big a fee as possible while keeping the players options open for another move or new contract 1, 2 or three years down the line.

Archived