Patch 11.3 - Improvements without Squad Updates??

Hey, just bought FM 11 and i'm waiting for my new laptop to arrive before starting up.

I was wondering if there was an option to have the improvements of the next patch without the squad updates as i would prefer to start my games with the original beginning of year squads.

I ask this as i'm considering holding off starting my serious game (Mighty Watford :D) until the next patch, and will probably just take over a big team until that time.

Thanks.

So, when the data update comes, what happens with Jan transfers?

ie. Torres went to Chelsea. Pre data update he is at Liverpool at the start of the first season. In the new update, will he be at Chelsea at the start, or will he have a hard coded transfer that means he moves in January on the same date as real life?

will be the same as every year, the players will be tyhere from the start of the season id imagine.

Yeah, you are right I would imagine. It's always this way when I think what would be better would be to have ALL the transfers set as future transfers, but also give us, the manager the option to cancel any deals we do not want to go through.

Imagine how annoyed you would be if you were Liverpool and in your game Torres has hit 30 goals in the first half of the season, then come January...Wham!!! He's gone. Yeah sure you would have £50m but then in one swoop thats gone by having Suarez and Carroll arrive. It surely can't be that difficult to implement a way of cancelling deals in the way I have suggested.

My understanding is that with the 11.3 update it will update the fixes and improvements and also the data, i.e. transfers.

When you then load the game you have the option of loading what data you want, i.e. default, 11.2, or 11.3.

If you chose 11.2 for example then only the transfers relevant for that patch will be applied and the transfers that have been applied in 11.3 will not happen (unless by chance the game simulates the same transfers).

Yeah, you are right I would imagine. It's always this way when I think what would be better would be to have ALL the transfers set as future transfers, but also give us, the manager the option to cancel any deals we do not want to go through.

Imagine how annoyed you would be if you were Liverpool and in your game Torres has hit 30 goals in the first half of the season, then come January...Wham!!! He's gone. Yeah sure you would have £50m but then in one swoop thats gone by having Suarez and Carroll arrive. It surely can't be that difficult to implement a way of cancelling deals in the way I have suggested.

On the older previous versions, much older you were able to cancel deals I don't understand why this is no longer an option myself as it does happen irl sometimes. I seem to remember United pulling out of the Adem Ljajić deal a couple of seasons back, claiming work permit problems when in reality it was because he hadn't progressed to United's liking and with the failure of Tosic I don't think the club wanted to take the risk again.

Hence why they make the transfers from the start of the game and not mid season. Also you cannot cancel a transfer that has happened in real life that would just be a crazy idea.

I think its good they removed the cancelling deals thing, you could agree to sign whoever you wanted and just decide closer to the transfer window who you actually wanted, thats not the way it works at all in the real world, there may be exceptions to this but if a club agree's a deal then its done, there should be no backing out. With the Man u example its impossible for us to know if they had actually signed anything or if it was just an agreement that at the end of the season man u could sign him if they wanted too.

Hence why they make the transfers from the start of the game and not mid season. Also you cannot cancel a transfer that has happened in real life that would just be a crazy idea.

I think its good they removed the cancelling deals thing, you could agree to sign whoever you wanted and just decide closer to the transfer window who you actually wanted, thats not the way it works at all in the real world, there may be exceptions to this but if a club agree's a deal then its done, there should be no backing out. With the Man u example its impossible for us to know if they had actually signed anything or if it was just an agreement that at the end of the season man u could sign him if they wanted too.

United confirmed that they had signed both players in a double deal close to £17m, with the arrangement that Tosic would join up first and Ljajić would stay at Partizan for another season to gain more first team experience and training with United at regular intervals. When it came to January when he would officially join up with the squad United cancelled the deal claiming work permit issues, which the Partizan chairman rebuffed as an excuse to back out of the deal they had struck.

They should also include this because I have had a deals done in the past where the player will join me next season and he get injured after the deal is struck so when he arrives I get a player who's out for 6 months for example. In real life pending the type of injury a club might cancel the deal as United also done with Van Nistelrooy when he bust his leg they cancelled the deal after it had been made, and Fergie told him he will become a United player once he's fully recovered.

United confirmed that they had signed both players in a double deal close to £17m, with the arrangement that Tosic would join up first and Ljajić would stay at Partizan for another season to gain more first team experience and training with United at regular intervals. When it came to January when he would officially join up with the squad United cancelled the deal claiming work permit issues, which the Partizan chairman rebuffed as an excuse to back out of the deal they had struck.

They should also include this because I have had a deals done in the past where the player will join me next season and he get injured after the deal is struck so when he arrives I get a player who's out for 6 months for example. In real life pending the type of injury a club might cancel the deal as United also done with Van Nistelrooy when he bust his leg they cancelled the deal after it had been made, and Fergie told him he will become a United player once he's fully recovered.

well again we dont know there werent work permit issues, there very well may have been, we also dont know if they paid them any money or signed anything in general, im not sure how it completely works in real life but i doubt you are allowed to agree a fee with a club and sign all the paperwork only to pull out because of an injury or you no longer like the look of the player. Again with Ruud we dont know how far along the transfer had gone, had the deal been completed before man u pulled out or had it just been agreed, again i highly doubt you would be allowed to complete a transfer to the fullest only to back out at the last minute when the player is injured.

well again we dont know there werent work permit issues, there very well may have been, we also dont know if they paid them any money or signed anything in general, im not sure how it completely works in real life but i doubt you are allowed to agree a fee with a club and sign all the paperwork only to pull out because of an injury or you no longer like the look of the player. Again with Ruud we dont know how far along the transfer had gone, had the deal been completed before man u pulled out or had it just been agreed, again i highly doubt you would be allowed to complete a transfer to the fullest only to back out at the last minute when the player is injured.

Of course you can cancel a deal if the player has a severe injury, tell me what club would outlay such a huge sum of cash for an injured player a major injury at that. If a player has a serious injury he could suffer from it again, he may never recover from the injury and be forced into retirement, he may recover from the injury but never be quite the same player again, to many risks and scenarios to consider. So I'm pretty sure a club can back out of a deal. Would you invest 20+ million say for a crocked player who may never recover? If you would you would surely have more money than sense.

On the older previous versions, much older you were able to cancel deals I don't understand why this is no longer an option myself as it does happen irl sometimes. I seem to remember United pulling out of the Adem Ljajić deal a couple of seasons back, claiming work permit problems when in reality it was because he hadn't progressed to United's liking and with the failure of Tosic I don't think the club wanted to take the risk again.

I dont believe this to be the case because Ljajic is a decent talent and I doubt United would have not noticed his ability even though Fiorentina did. Tosic did not get many first team opportunities but again he was hardly a boy lacking in talent although Ljajic is definately more gifted.

Also I wish SI would give us an official line on the due date for the patch because I dont want to start a game then have one released this week or anything like that. Have been putting off starting a new game for over a month now!

Of course you can cancel a deal if the player has a severe injury, tell me what club would outlay such a huge sum of cash for an injured player a major injury at that. If a player has a serious injury he could suffer from it again, he may never recover from the injury and be forced into retirement, he may recover from the injury but never be quite the same player again, to many risks and scenarios to consider. So I'm pretty sure a club can back out of a deal. Would you invest 20+ million say for a crocked player who may never recover? If you would you would surely have more money than sense.

If you have signed a contract which says you will buy the player then it will be very very difficult to get out of, especially in the situation you describe, you cannot break a contract unless both parties agree and im pretty damm sure a club would not go back on a £20m deal because the player they are selling is injured, that is what teams pay insurance for, that is also the risk of agreeing to sign a player before he can join your club. The only way the deal could be cancelled is in the case of Ruud, nothing was signed and sealed, they had agreed in principle to sign him at the end of the season but no paperwork had been finalised, in the end man u waited until the injury had cleared before signing any paperwork to sign him. In FM pressing the confirm button is essentially signing the paperwork, it cannot be resided unless both parties agree and i would imagine compensation would be involved. I work with contracts all day long and i have very good Knowledge of these thing, maybe not in the footballing world but in general terms. If you have something in writing then you have sealed the deal so to speak, both the situations you described above were deals agreed in principle but not signed sealed and delivered.

Just a little example, Rangers agreed to signing Daniel Prodan, he then got croaked before joining the club but rangers had already agreed everything with his selling club so had to take him, he never played one minute of football for them before retiring because of the injury.

If you have signed a contract which says you will buy the player then it will be very very difficult to get out of, especially in the situation you describe, you cannot break a contract unless both parties agree and im pretty damm sure a club would not go back on a £20m deal because the player they are selling is injured, that is what teams pay insurance for, that is also the risk of agreeing to sign a player before he can join your club. The only way the deal could be cancelled is in the case of Ruud, nothing was signed and sealed, they had agreed in principle to sign him at the end of the season but no paperwork had been finalised, in the end man u waited until the injury had cleared before signing any paperwork to sign him. In FM pressing the confirm button is essentially signing the paperwork, it cannot be resided unless both parties agree and i would imagine compensation would be involved. I work with contracts all day long and i have very good Knowledge of these thing, maybe not in the footballing world but in general terms. If you have something in writing then you have sealed the deal so to speak, both the situations you described above were deals agreed in principle but not signed sealed and delivered.

Just a little example, Rangers agreed to signing Daniel Prodan, he then got croaked before joining the club but rangers had already agreed everything with his selling club so had to take him, he never played one minute of football for them before retiring because of the injury.

Then you will most likely be aware of the fact that any deal agreed to go through at the end of the season is usually just agreed in principle (as you stated) this would act as a buffer so that the buying club can back out of any deal under certain circumstances. Again I doubt any business or football club will outlay huge sums without having escape clauses in case of certain situations.

And on the Prodan deal this is actually what happened : In the 1998 summer, Prodan joined Glasgow Rangers for £2.2m, but made no first-team appearances in two and a half years in Scotland due to a serious knee injury, which he sustained whilst with the Athletico Madrid. Rangers' doctor later revealed that no medical had been conducted and the transfer was rushed to completion on the strength of falsified documents. The Ibrox club threatened to sue Atlético Madrid but backed down and released Prodan in January 2001. (So I guess had all this not happened and the documents being falsified Rangers would of pulled the plug on this deal straight away)

He then returned to Romania played for various clubs never recovered fully and finally retired in 2003 two years after leaving Rangers.

I believe is standard practice for all transfer to be subject to the player passing medical evaluation, IRL for example Real Madrid backed off of signing Milito because the club doctor evaluated him and concluded he prone to a career ending injury... I don't know about 2011 but in previous versions of the game transfers where automatically cancelled if the player was injured and you got a message saying the transfer was cancelled because the player did not pass the medical, which was anoying because any injury even if it was less than a week resulted in transfers bieng cancelled

United had a contract which gave them "the option to sign Ljajic" at the end of the season for an agreed price, that's the loophole they had. They didn't officially sign him, simply gave themselves the option. That's different to something such as Affelay's recent transfer to Barcelona, which was actually completed (cash paid, contract signed) a few weeks prior to the transfer window opening. Those sorts of transfers you cannot back out of unless it's on medical grounds.

Compare it to when you make a signing on FM and you have the option to delay the transfer for a week. After that week has passed, you can either confirm it or back out. United essentially had a 6 month version of that.

United had a contract which gave them "the option to sign Ljajic" at the end of the season for an agreed price, that's the loophole they had. They didn't officially sign him, simply gave themselves the option. That's different to something such as Affelay's recent transfer to Barcelona, which was actually completed (cash paid, contract signed) a few weeks prior to the transfer window opening. Those sorts of transfers you cannot back out of unless it's on medical grounds.

Compare it to when you make a signing on FM and you have the option to delay the transfer for a week. After that week has passed, you can either confirm it or back out. United essentially had a 6 month version of that.

But this needs to be put into the game as currently if you sign a player for the end of the season the player has his medical there and then and you complete the transfer, if he gets injured after that you cannot back out of the deal which is unrealistic as irl the player will have his medical at the end of the season before any deal is completed thus giving the club the option to back out if something is wrong. If this games a simulation then it needs to be included. Many years ago on this game you were able to cancel deals arranged for the end of the season as a few times I cancelled deals where the player had a long term injury.

that was my point, there was an agreement in place but nothing signed and finalised, you cannot back out of a transfer once the paperwork is signed unless you build in a clause that will let you, in that case i would imagine compensation would be due to the selling team, i really cant see any team agreeing to sell a player for the £20m quoted and being quite happy when the buying team pulls out at the last minute after all the paper work is signed and finalised without them getting something in return.

But this needs to be put into the game as currently if you sign a player for the end of the season the player has his medical there and then and you complete the transfer, if he gets injured after that you cannot back out of the deal which is unrealistic as irl the player will have his medical at the end of the season before any deal is completed thus giving the club the option to back out if something is wrong. If this games a simulation then it needs to be included. Many years ago on this game you were able to cancel deals arranged for the end of the season as a few times I cancelled deals where the player had a long term injury.

well in real life if the transfer is finalised the player will have a medical there and then even if he is due to move in x amount of time, clubs will not sign deals until the player completes a medical so again the game does follow what happens in real life, maybe what they need to add is an option for an agreement to sign a player, but they definately should not put the feature back in where you can pull out of a finalised deal when ever you feel like it.

In fact, they did have an issue with getting a work permit, so they did not sign the player (did not confirm the transfer when the work permit failure came up). We do have the same in-game. Player X's work permit was denied after you have asked for a review - you can cancel the deal. So you do have it there.

In fact, they did have an issue with getting a work permit, so they did not sign the player (did not confirm the transfer when the work permit failure came up). We do have the same in-game. Player X's work permit was denied after you have asked for a review - you can cancel the deal. So you do have it there.

I still think it was more to do with him not being good enough. If United had work permit problems it wouldn't be an issue for them as Tosic had the same problems yet they appealed and got his in the end. Also United have a feeder club in Belgium (Royal Antwerp) just for cases where work permits can't be secured so they could of sent him there for a few years to gain one and develop further as he wouldn't have been a first team player right away anyway.

I wish SI would just put a huge sticky up saying "Patch will be out when it's ready and not before stop asking as you're annoying everyone in the forums"

Or a big pop up saying that would probably be better as most of the people asking this question are to stupid to check the sticky's. lol.

Wouldn't it just be best if SI set dates for each patch to come out to stop all these questions. Even more rough dates would stop people asking so often. It is annoying!

The problem with them setting a solid date is that if SI missed it there would be uproar on the forums beause they didn't meet the date they set to put a patch out.

The problem with them setting a solid date is that if SI missed it there would be uproar on the forums beause they didn't meet the date they set to put a patch out.

Not if they let us know beforehand that they would miss it. All this waiting is quite dreadful.

Not if they let us know beforehand that they would miss it. All this waiting is quite dreadful.

but there would, the forums are crazy with people demanding answers at the touch of a button at the moment, if SI gave a date and missed it we would have countless threads complaining, threatening to sue SI because they took a week off work to enjoy the new patch ect ect.

• 5 months later...

Archived