Trying to emulate Barça style

Here I leave the tactic I'm using playing with barcelona. It's working pretty well.

Barcelona tactic

Along with the tactic find a training that I made to use with it.

Barcelona Training

The wingers and strikers have the same training and I have two kinds of MC, one attaking and another one "defending" for the Advanced playmaker and the Deep Lying Playmaker.

Here I leave some sc:

Team.jpg

Liga.jpg

fx1.jpg

fx2.jpg

Tell me if it work for you!

Moved to Tactics Sharing Centre (Upload/Download).

Actually, it's hard to emulate the role Messi plays. The trequartista in the AMC slot is possibly the nearest you'll get, but he's given license to pretty much roam wherever he wants to, whenever he wants. Essentially, he doesn't have a position or fixed role.

There was an article in MARCA today, with Pep Guardiola saying he just lets Messi play and that's it. He's free to do what he wants. Now how's that for "creative freedom" :)

I looks more like how Barca probably would have set up if they still had Zlatan like last season ie Messi and Villa cutting inside from the wings and zlatan holding the ball up in the middle. Now Messi is in the middle roaming and doing whatever he wants with Villa and Pedro supporting/ running past him. The midfielders seem to be more advanced this year with them at times running past Messi so they would be advanced playmakers. None the less it looks like a succesful tactic for you.

I know FM1000, I watch live all the matches but this is the closest I got.

Now I'm trying to set a new one with Messi is in the middle, that I'm using when I have trouble keeping the ball, but I had him injured for 3 month and I couldn't test it propperly

I know FM1000, I watch live all the matches but this is the closest I got.

Now I'm trying to set a new one with Messi is in the middle that I'm using when I have trouble keeping the ball.

The problem is replicating the Messi role like heathxxx said. I think you can play him as a striker but with comes deep to get the ball PPM learned.Another thing is the movement from Villa who always runs between the fullback and the CD but to do this you need to constantly adjust the wideness of your tactics.

Also for the tactic to look like Barca IRL you need to set passing through the middle but if you do that the you loose a lot of possession in the current ME.

Also for the tactic to look like Barca IRL you need to set passing through the middle

I disagree. Barcelona play football all over the pitch. They don't just pass it from the centre backs to the central midfield to the strikers. The full backs are a lot more involved (particularly this season) than passing through the middle would suggest.

I disagree. Barcelona play football all over the pitch. They don't just pass it from the centre backs to the central midfield to the strikers. The full backs are a lot more involved (particularly this season) than passing through the middle would suggest.

Passing through the middle dosent mean that they will only pass through the middle it means that mostly they will build their play trough the middle which is true.

That's what you have a playmaker and a target man for. The differences from passing through the middle and mixed is quite large. Having it on mixed and having a central playmaker and a central target man means that you go through the middle more often than not, but you don't ignore the wing backs. Alves makes just about as many passes as anyone else on the team irl.

Archived