mmm did SI forget about Interaction with international players ???

im ireland and in my 3rd season. and noticed poor 32 year old robbie keane has become 7th choice striker at spurs.......

his record is

2010/11 played 12, goals 2

2011/12 played 8, goals 0

2012/13 played 2, goals 0....

so in old FM games FM 09 + FM 10 for defo.....if you have a player in your national team that is just not playing for their clubs your can tell the player they HAVE TO move clubs or you have no international future !!!! just like in real life !!

but in fm 2011 this is gone........WHY

really SI...Why has this gone from the game...its pointless on removing this !! and takes away from the international part of the game.........

The only thing you seem able to say to them now is they are playing badly, which they disagree with every time and then the conversation ends. It's not just the interaction with International management that sucks the whole aspect is poorly made.

And the whole International management aspect needs desperate over haul. What's the point of having coaches, why can't you have them train ? Why can't you talk to about domestic and international managers? Why can't you work with the U21's coach telling him to use a player for 45mins or not to play him as you plan to have him on stand by, stuff like that the whole things a mess.

What's the point in having assistant manager if you have to put together the National Pool yourself?

The Ass Man will and does suggest the 26 man squad and you can accept that!

Why can't the Ass Man do more in the National Pool?

Like - "Assistant Manager - can you add players to the pool that are playing top divisions?"

You're the manager - not the scout - things should be sorted.

And you should be able to sort out a Standard 26 man (or whatever 20 maybe) squad that is ALWAYS called up.

Currently if a player is injured he's withdrawn - you draft a replacement.

But that replacement isn't withdrawn automatically and the other player recalled.

It's all very manual and tedious. You're the manager - things should be generally set up for you - you shouldn't have to go find the players with most international appearances, or the ones in top divisions with good avg ratings.

It should be far more, not automatic, but less tedious in getting a team together.

Like - "Assistant Manager - can you add players to the pool that are playing top divisions?"

You're the manager - not the scout - things should be sorted.

very wrong on that point, an international manager is very much a scout, hence why the spend most of their time watching games all over the country.

very wrong on that point, an international manager is very much a scout, hence why the spend most of their time watching games all over the country.

They only go to the games because it's free and they get treated to all the hospitality free food and wine and all that. That's why they attend the games nowadays. With the amount of coverage on TV and internet, media you don't even need to attend the game to check on someone's form you just need to flick on your TV or open the newspaper.

It's definitely an area that needs to be worked on.

Similarly to your example, I'm currently England manager. Man City have signed Eden Hazard, Ljajic, Hamsik, Vargas and another young creative midfielder who escapes me. Adam Johnson has made 4 appearances in two years (scoring two goals!). On ability, he's my best right winger, but I can't justify calling him up, because he's not playing, he's out of form, and he's never match fit. I wish I could say "hand in a transfer request or I can't call you up", but I can't. Phil Jones and Jack Wilshire are in similar situations.

They only go to the games because it's free and they get treated to all the hospitality free food and wine and all that. That's why they attend the games nowadays. With the amount of coverage on TV and internet, media you don't even need to attend the game to check on someone's form you just need to flick on your TV or open the newspaper.

so if they didnt attend games they would watch them on TV and would still be scouting said players, to suggest otherwise is crazy, all an international manager does is scout his players as there is very little to do outwith international fixtures. Craig Leven spends his entire life now a days travelling watch his players to see who should be called up to the next squad and who is not performing well enough.

It's definitely an area that needs to be worked on.

Similarly to your example, I'm currently England manager. Man City have signed Eden Hazard, Ljajic, Hamsik, Vargas and another young creative midfielder who escapes me. Adam Johnson has made 4 appearances in two years (scoring two goals!). On ability, he's my best right winger, but I can't justify calling him up, because he's not playing, he's out of form, and he's never match fit. I wish I could say "hand in a transfer request or I can't call you up", but I can't. Phil Jones and Jack Wilshire are in similar situations.

Got the exact same thing myself with Wilshire, last season he was on loan and playing so he got games for England, now he's back from loan and in the reserves, same with other players so annoying.

theres a hell of a lot more you see at games than you do on the tele

The International interaction needs to be better definitely. Really annoying that I can't praise or say you had a bad game like I can for a club side which seems really silly. The "move or I won't play you" thing would be good to come back too.

theres a hell of a lot more you see at games than you do on the tele

I think you will find managers have a lot more access to video footage than the general public mate. Mourinho has almost every player scouted in depth with dvd's made on each individual player alone before every match do you think others don't have access to this wealth of footage as well??

Also with Pro zone a manager only needs to assess all the stats that makes to see how well a player is doing. after all Pro Zone tracks pretty much every statistic.

nothing beats actually watching a player tho, stats can tell you one thing, actually watching the player in the flesh can tell you much more, i hope you dont think international managers rely on pro zone in order to help them pick their squad.

I have seen Capello racing between two grounds on a sunday so he can see as many players as possible, its not a one off he will spend his entire weekend watching england players play and he will do this every weekend, otherwise they will never know enough about their squad.

nothing beats actually watching a player tho, stats can tell you one thing, actually watching the player in the flesh can tell you much more, i hope you dont think international managers rely on pro zone in order to help them pick their squad.

I have seen Capello racing between two grounds on a sunday so he can see as many players as possible, its not a one off he will spend his entire weekend watching england players play and he will do this every weekend, otherwise they will never know enough about their squad.

I never said that did I. I stated that they will use all of this just as much as going to games. And using Capello was a bad choice he just attends the games for the sake of it he's always calling up the same players and using the same old tried and tested and failed first eleven everytime! lol.

Archived