7 games in 14 days... seriously SI?

I just had the most insane fixture list ever my team had to play 7 games within 14 days twice playing on sat/mon/wed.

I mean I'm glad I had won the league at that time and that my youth player actually made a really good job and won the games they played in but common right when it gets into the hot phase of the CL I have to play on mondays?

Can't you implement a rule into the fixture generator that between two games there must be at least 2 days rest between every game?

manchesterunited7in14.jpg

I'm pretty sure this happend because of the club WC I also made it to the final of every competition this season but this really needs fixing.

So what do you guys think did I just have bad luck or did something like this happen to you as well?

I am not english and I wonder if within UK a team can play so many fixtures...... in my game often happens to play 3 or even 4 games per week..... in other countries usually a team plays no more than 1 or 2 games per week....

How come that within FM a team may play so many games per week ?

Than, and perhaps most important, many times within FM it happened to miss several players due to international tasks... in my country that is not allowed.

For example in FM if you play a leg during promotion session at the very end of the year ( to get promoted to Premier for example ) your players goes to friendly matches with national teams and therefore jump the qualification finals...that's simply ridicolous

I think the problem occurs because a team is successful in cups so other games get put back to later dates and slotted in where they can. In real life I would imagine that the Premier League look more closely at potential fixture pile ups and instead of rescheduling a game on Sat 16th to Wednesday 27th, they would actually bring it forward to Wednesday 13th, as they realise a team might yet qualify for another cup game on the 27th. FM would just put games back, and then put them back again if it clashes again.

Basically IRL they would think 3 or 4 moves ahead and plan for consequences of getting further in the cup, but FM just looks at things 1 game at a time.

I think the problem occurs because a team is successful in cups so other games get put back to later dates and slotted in where they can. In real life I would imagine that the Premier League look more closely at potential fixture pile ups and instead of rescheduling a game on Sat 16th to Wednesday 27th, they would actually bring it forward to Wednesday 13th, as they realise a team might yet qualify for another cup game on the 27th. FM would just put games back, and then put them back again if it clashes again.

Basically IRL they would think 3 or 4 moves ahead and plan for consequences of getting further in the cup, but FM just looks at things 1 game at a time.

Even the Premier League is in danger of this though. Look at the Man Utd v Chelsea game which is a game in hand. It was originally scheduled for 1st March but that now that may not be played because of the FA Cup. If Chelsea beat Everton in the replay, they will play Reading on March 1st. So they are thinking of putting the game to the end of the season. With the Champions League starting again soon and pointless International friendlies clogging up the free dates theres not a lot they can do. The FA could avoid all this by making the FA Cup one leg games but I suppose they would lose too much money that way :rolleyes:

I have the same dreaded fixture pile-up in April when my team has to play 11 games in a month. Even with a huge squad where I could play my "second" first team, most of my players went below 95% fitness without enough rest. But having a Premier League game on a Monday before a Wednesday Champions League Semi is crazy. In real life, probably the individual FA will help to postpone it.

That's 8 games there.

Well yes but the 8th wasn't in the 14 day margin anymore so I left it out.

But to bad that this isn't avoidable just lucky I usually have a team of 20 first team players and 10 hot prospects so I can essentially switch in an entire reserve team for the monday games.

As you said, it can happen if you make the latter stages of multiple competitions and I dint think that the game can extend the season beyond the coded dates so you will just have to live with if you are that successful.

I don't think he should have to live with it since it's a problem with the game for quite some time now.

This should had been resolved at least 3 years ago.

It happened to Rangers before it also happened to United en route to the treble. You will find anyone still in multiple competitions will get a fixture pile up towards the end of the season. It's just the price you have to pay for success on all fronts I'm afraid.

I don't recall any team having their season extended past the last game of a season due to fixture pile up, correct me if I'm wrong though.

It happened to Rangers before it also happened to United en route to the treble. You will find anyone still in multiple competitions will get a fixture pile up towards the end of the season. It's just the price you have to pay for success on all fronts I'm afraid.

I don't recall any team having their season extended past the last game of a season due to fixture pile up, correct me if I'm wrong though.

In the 07/08 season when Rangers reached the Uefa and Scottish cup finals, the SFA moved forward the last round of games 4 days from the 18th to the 22nd May because of the backlog.

Archived