What constitutes a bigger club?

What team are you and what league you playing in?

If i remember correctly it is based on club reputation. So even though you have been pretty succesful your club rep might not be as high yet as some teams who started out with a higher rep than you and have not been as succesful. Also i think the reputation of the league also has some affect on the clubs in it as well.

Im coaching at SC Wiener Neustadt in Austria. We started off with a 5000 seater stadium, and the club is currently polishing off a 4500 seat addition to our stadium which will now hold over 23,000. After this years European campaign we will be a top 15 team (Had to get rid of the bad Euro Cup losses from when we were coming up the ranks). We have won the Austrian Premier League 7 times in a row, and played in the Champions league/Euro Cup for the past 11 seasons. The APL is currently a 3 star league (I know that is hurting us) and because the computer runs the other teams like ****, there is little chance of that raising unless I can win the Champions league which is tough when I cant resign players after I raise them up from babies. They hit 23-24 and its adios Austria.

Is it possible that I just wont be able to raise the club up? The other teams in the league aren't even advancing to the group stage in the Euro Cup. Im not getting another job offer obviously, it's been 12 years in Austria and nothing. I may have to start a new game.

Well one of the problems is probably the low reputation of your league so your best players probably want to play in England, Spain, Germany or Italy.

But I also noticed as long as you pay them really good wages they will usually stay so sometimes they just make noise of wanting to move to a bigger club in order to get a pay raise.

Yeah i would say it is because of the low league reputation that they all want to move to bigger clubs. I guess you could put there asking value at something astronomical and scare other teams off. Other than that or winning the Champion League i think you will just have to live with it.

This kind of scenario haapens a lot in real life though so pretty realistic. The one that comes to my mind immediately is Rosenberg who used to win the Norwegian league all the time and do well in the champions league reguarly (dont know how they are travelling these days). they would always seem to lose there best players every season to clubs that weren't even in Europe and have to rebuild.

I play as Wrexham and have played 3 seasons in the PL.

I have won EuroCup 2 times and Champions League 1 time + World Championship (Club) 1 time.

ATM I am positioned as nr. 1 in PL.

Still my players asks me for changing to bigger clubs.

Usually I can satisfy them with "We are getting bigger"-speach.

My players are STILL wanting to move to a bigger club though my club has been playing in the Champions League for 6 seasons. We moved on to the quarter finals of the Champions League last season, and are now the 25th ranked team in Europe. This isn't enough?

Bigger Club simply means BIGGER REPUATION. :) It's a hidden trait but you can view it using Genie Scout or FMRTE (google them).

The short answer is that you are 25th in Europe, so there are 24 bigger clubs than yours.

Consistently winning your league and performing well in Europe will raise the profile of your club and possibly your league, but you may be forced to let some of your better players go if they have outgrown your club. It's frustrating, but it's life.

The short answer is that you are 25th in Europe, so there are 24 bigger clubs than yours.

Consistently winning your league and performing well in Europe will raise the profile of your club and possibly your league, but you may be forced to let some of your better players go if they have outgrown your club. It's frustrating, but it's life.

The problem for me is that reputation moves too slowly in my opinion. This is obviously meant to protect English teams (Who are no longer dominant by 2021 in my game, I hung 5 on Chelsea at home last season), but its unfair that LOW level teams in Ligue 1 would be more appealing than me. For example: Nancy is 15th in Ligue 1. They are the 82nd ranked team in Europe and have only recently began playing in the continent. It just seems inherently unfair that because OM and OL are consistently great in Europe that they get to ride their coat tails.

The problem for me is that reputation moves too slowly in my opinion. This is obviously meant to protect English teams (Who are no longer dominant by 2021 in my game, I hung 5 on Chelsea at home last season), but its unfair that LOW level teams in Ligue 1 would be more appealing than me. For example: Nancy is 15th in Ligue 1. They are the 82nd ranked team in Europe and have only recently began playing in the continent. It just seems inherently unfair that because OM and OL are consistently great in Europe that they get to ride their coat tails.

its not suppose to protect anyone, it just so happends england have the stronger league because of the money involved and progression of a league or a club will take years, no one becomes huge over night or over the course of 3/4 seasons.

That's not true. On a long CFR Cluj save i became the 3rd club in Europe and still players wanted to leave to a bigger club.

That's not true. On a long CFR Cluj save i became the 3rd club in Europe and still players wanted to leave to a bigger club.

Have you ever been to Cluj mate? I mean unless these players are big on their botanical gardens, or enjoy long nights dancing to manele, then I think Rome, Madrid, Paris or London might be more appealing...X

its not suppose to protect anyone, it just so happends england have the stronger league because of the money involved and progression of a league or a club will take years, no one becomes huge over night or over the course of 3/4 seasons.

I agree that no one becomes huge over the course of 3-4 seasons, but this has been 12 seasons. At what point do you think it would be realistic to think that Austria becomes a destination?

Have you ever been to Cluj mate? I mean unless these players are big on their botanical gardens, or enjoy long nights dancing to manele, then I think Rome, Madrid, Paris or London might be more appealing...X

Yes i have been to Cluj, i'm from Hunedoara. They also have some good clubs, not just "cocalari" clubs. But that is not the issue. The player does not say he wants to move to a bigger city, he says he wants to move to a bigger club.

I agree that no one becomes huge over the course of 3-4 seasons, but this has been 12 seasons. At what point do you think it would be realistic to think that Austria becomes a destination?

What has happened in those 12 seasons to make it bigger? Have several teams from there won or at least reached the latter stages of Europe? Success from one team will raise the profile a bit, but it needs other teams to make it significant. Have a look at the nation co-efficient to see how far up they are.

My players are STILL wanting to move to a bigger club though my club has been playing in the Champions League for 6 seasons. We moved on to the quarter finals of the Champions League last season, and are now the 25th ranked team in Europe. This isn't enough?

there are still 24 bigger clubs ... when reaching the top10 to top5 you won´t see that message that often anymore.

the reputation gets improved alot only if you win some competitions, reaching some stages offers little increase of reputation

Reaching latter stages in Europe increases your club co-efficient, which will help your nation's co-efficient, which moves them up the list and have more European spots and a better league reputation.

True but the nation coefficient doesn't modify so spectacularly as the club coefficient

and the Nation coefficient is a different parameter from League reputation

the nation coefficient just says how many teams will get into CL or Europa League

A paradox: this year I won the CL with Steaua but Romania will have -1 team in the CL because the other teams have decreased the national coefficient, and surprisingly the League reputation went up!

SC Wiener NeuStadt I think with a reputation at least Continental and with a three and a half star league reputation you won't have that problem anymore

Archived