Board dissapointed with the sale of.............

Midway through my second season with spurs, Let me paint you a picture: challenging for the title- a very tight top 6- the traditional big four being pegged back by my spurs team and man city's oil money, in the final of the league cup, still in all competitions and just won manager of the month this very day BUT!!!

and i quote:

" To summarise the board are delighted with the leadership qualities you are demonstrating, this has been underlined by the fans delight at tottenham's convincing 9-1 english premier division victory over middlesbrough"

Write now you are thinking nothing wrong with that, perhaps some of you are marvelling at my management skills, and some of you i suspect may just want me to get to my point...so i will. Levy goes on to say:

"They are slightly disapointed with the departure of Calum Butcher"

Alas Mr butcher didnt figure in my plans, not even in my reserve team managers plans, in fact he never ever played a game for spurs- reserves. He may as well be hiding in the lockerroom at the lane!! so i let him join clyde.

Im sure you may point out that this has been bought up as an issue...and im sure it has however i'm not ranting, in fact quite th opposite i was just simply bragging that i beat middlesbrough 9-1

Thanks and Goodnight!

I had that once the fans where totally devastated about the loss of some random newgen dude that had half a star as his potential rating.

They thought "he had still a role to play in the team and are sad to see him leave" well just like in real life the fans always know better. :p

Had a player that wanted to leave for achieving all he could at the club. I agreed and sold him to Barca for 34m (I originally bought him for 8.5m)

I cited my reason for accepting the bid that the player was unsettled at the club.

"The Board is delighted with the increase in stature since you've taken over - we are delighted with the Serie A win etc.

However, we are disappointed with the sale of Naciemento to Barcelona and consider it a poor piece of business"

Small little whinge they have to get in everywhere. I made a huge profit on this guy, sold him for 34m to Barcelona at the age of 30 after getting 10 good seasons out of him.

That was a good piece of business. He wanted leave. I made a huge profit on him. Simples.

The board/fan stuff is weird. I signed Dzeko and sold Kuyt to pay for him. The fans were sadder about Kuyt leaving than they were excited for Dzeko. I think they should leave that part out, and just focus on matches/performances etc. And the board need to be happier with a league title win!

yeah the board/fan stuff is impossible to work out. In my current Ac milan save i managed to get Dzeko on a free an decided that i would get rid of ibrahimovic as he was on massive wages and 31yrs old. Ibra had been my top player for the last 2 season leading the scoring charts for the club and the league and getting a fair few assists but one of my quirks is that i get rid of players, regadless of who they are, 31 yrs old and over. I managed to get a decent price for him a vbit over his actuall value but not by much.

I figured the fans would be very upset at losing the clubs best player over the last 2 seasons but instead they were delighted that i had sold him.

I had the board annoyed at the sale of a player whose sale they went over my head to authorise! I wanted to keep him, they sold him, so they're mad at.... me!

Classic. :D

Board confidence really does need to be sorted out. I drew Man City on the road with Shakhtar and they're 'slightly concerned at my performance'. Well, if you had half a brain you will realize a draw against a club with an unlimited payroll with my crummy Ukrainian team (compared to them at least) is not a bad result.

But no, the fans are disappointed. Same thing when I lost to Barca 2-1 at home. The fans shouldn't be excited (since I did lose) but any sane and realistic fan should at least be a little understanding I couldn't beat the best team in the world in my save?

I have just had this happen too. I had a re-gen player who came through my Wednesday youth team. He was probably one of the best I have ever had and after a couple of years he became a club icon. He was very much in the mould of Patrick Vieira (brilliant DM/CM/AM with a nasty streak).

After being at the club for 4 years Man City enquired as to how much I wanted for him. As he was worth around £15mil I asked for £50mil and amazingly they came straight back accepting. There have been some amazing manager changes in my game, but some how Mancini is still the City boss and had been praising this player for a year or two. The player had responded saying how he would be foolish to turn down a move to them etc.

I reasoned that 1) £50mil is a shed load of money and as Wednesday boss it would come in massivly useful. 2) The player wants to go and 3) It's £50mil !

I sold him saying that it was an offer too good to refuse. Anyway, the board and fans kicked up a right stink at the sale. It's now a couple of months on and I still get the unhappy message. I've used the money to buy three new teenage re-gens that make the squad stronger and the team are performing better. For me, it's a win, win situation. The way the board are reacting, you'd think I had ruined them, not made them a fortune!

BTW, excellent result against the boro. For some reason (it's my tactics), I always struggle against them.

The board and fans were unhappy with me for a while in my first season for getting rid of an old (And not very good) attacking midfielder that they'd became quite attached to, I got the unhappy message for months. My decision to let him go was justified by him not managing to find another club before eventually retiring last season. It's annoying because i've sold much, much better (And far more important) players than him and had nothing said to me about it, I wouldn't have minded quite as much if he'd been decent but he was woeful.

Also congrats on the Boro result haha.

Archived