Explaining why I broke a promise to a player.

Hi all!

Didn’t want to post this in the bugs forum as technically the player is correct. I just think that maybe I should have more options to deal with it.

Ok, basically I signed a regen from Brazil, by far the best striker in the league (its only the Finnish league but still!). Unfortunately I lost my other 2 Brazilian players in the same window. After 2 weeks he advised he was having trouble settling in, I still had some cash and I didn’t want to lose him as I have some important games coming up so I asked if there was anyone I could sign, he suggested an 18 year old regen, I looked at him, handy, low wage, low value so I thought I’d pick him up. The club wanted a lot for him, about 6 times his value, I just couldn’t afford him. I tried all sorts of bids but no, so I allowed him the leave of absence. After a month or so he came back and said that his homesickness was gone etc etc, but in his personal screen it still said “Has been promised that a player will be brought in to help him settle” Window shut and I didn’t get the player so he was unhappy and requested a transfer.

Now, while yes I did fail to bring the promised player, I think the option in the interaction should be “I have tried but we cannot afford the player, I will allow you a leave of absence instead.” Or something along those lines, just to stop him asking to leave cause I couldn’t afford the player he wanted.

Again I don’t think it is a bug, as I did break a promise, but maybe I should have been allowed to say why I broke my promise?

Archived