Past experience, is it different in 2011?

In all previous versions of FM, when I have set my past experience to professional footballer I could always get a decent championship job even if I was in league one. I started the game with this option selected and managed Rotherham. Got them promoted into league one then I finished 7th after being asked to avoid the drop. I then got bored of Rotherham and applied for a couple of championship vacancies only to get laughed off.

I thought this was strange as before you at least got considered for the job.

I also noticed I never was tipped to take over anywhere like it use to do in previous versions.

Is this a bug?

Any suggestions? Or have they just stopped making it too easy to climb the ladder?

its a well known bug and has been looked at for the patch i believe

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a date for the next patch? It's pretty much unplayable if you want to climb the ladder from lower leagues.

Also does this mean that you have to start a new game after the patch is released for it to take affect?

Thanks!

... Is there a date for the next patch?... does this mean that you have to start a new game after the patch is released for it to take affect?

Thanks!

Usually the patch is out between the end of February and the beginning of March. Looking at the calendar, I suspect 25 of February to 4 of March is a good possibility this year ;)

As for your last question, usually the start of a new game isn't needed, but if you want the full effect of the patch, it is surely recommended.

Cheers,

Archived