Difficult to get an international job on FM2011?

Has anyone noticed it's much harder to get an international job on FM2011? Have a continental reputation and can't seem to get a single international job at the beginning of the game or during the first season. This is while applying for jobs with Haiti, Trinidad and Tobago etc.

Is my reputation too high?

I had loads of offers part way through my career, but as my reputation rose the offers dried up. I wonder if they are put off by managers with high reputations?

I remember on FM2010 I could never get the Australia job, which annoyed me. It felt like they were rejecting me because I was too good as other nations like Italy, Spain etc. were happy to approach me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree. I'm on my second season with HJK Helsinki and would want the FInland job, but even though I'm Finnish with very good reputation, it's simply impossible! I even tried to "eliminate" the reputations for all Finnish managers in the game with FMTRE to see if it's even possible for me to get the job, but they just gave it to some completely unknown amateur instead of me. This is really annoying, why hasn't it been fixed??

Seriously, even if I set every Finnish manager's reputation to 1 with FMTRE (Obscure), and I myself have National, Continental or World Class, it still choose one of those Obscure ones over me. What's the logic behind this? I started this game with the intention of managing both HJK and Finland, but it seems now that it's simply IMPOSSIBLE! Does it have something to do with the fact that I'm at the 2nd season in the game, or what is it??? Is there any way to go around this?

i did have issues with this at first, took me 4 seasons on constant applying with worldwide reputation to get a national job while at a club, Algeria let me in and from there ive been able to easily move onto other national teams.

Into my fourth season of my current Granada CF save in Spain. I have English nationality with Spanish second nationality. Reputation is now world class.

When the Spain job has twice come up, I've not even been considered and my application was flatly rejected, even though I'm currently the best manager in Spain. When Capello retired, I was linked with the England job in the press and did apply. Stuart Pearce got it. I did apply for the England U21 job though and was immediately offered it. Unfortunately it was a brief and unsuccessful spell and I resigned after losing a tournament qualification play-off against Turkey. Amusingly, I was also turned down for the Welsh job.

I'm happy to say though, that I've since taken on the Ivory Coast job and have beaten both Spain and England in away friendlies. They seem quite an easy nation to manage, with some very good existing players, even though some are in their twilight. There's some very good regens coming through though, who are already good enough for selection. I've even got Carlos Queroz as assistant manager. :p

2014 World Cup coming up soon, so that will be the big test for the team.

Would love international management to be fleshed out a little more in future releases though. At the moment, at least for me, it feels more like a side distraction of sorts.

What club did you start your game with? Did you get offered those jobs or did you apply for them? And at which season were you when you got the first one?

Derby County, a midtable second division English team (I took over in January first season - I like to holiday the game 6 months before I start). I got the Nigeria job in 2013 I think.

I applied for all of them. It definitely changed as my reputation increased, England turned me down before I got the Bosnia job..

I have max reputation pretty much, I seem to get a lot of international job offers, been asked to manage England several times, in the end I decided to try managing Brazil because they had pretty much all the talent, and my EPL team Truro is pretty much 50% Brazilian (while having 1 single English player).

after 2 poor season at the head of a small french first division team, and a national reputation, i got a job at Cameroon.

I never had any issu to get an international job on fm11.

in fact, i never try to get one.. they come by themself hire me for my awesomeness.

I haven't had any problems with it, I've managed Nigeria, England U21s, Bosnia Herzegovina, Belgium and now England, being an English manager between national-continental rep.

Wasn't aware that you could be an Under 21s Manager

Archived