Has it got better?

Hi Guys.

I have been playing fm 07 ever since 08 came out, but i refused to play it because of the bugs.I have downloaded the 8.0.2. patch but havent got round to playing it yet. My query is....has it got better? Are there still problems with the match engine i.e. not closing down and too many shots. Is the confidence still ruined and are there still too many bugs? Im curious because i want to start afresh but i dont want to be disspainted. Also about the defoe and turkish club bugs....are they a problem on the oiginal database or only on the updtaed one?

Hi Guys.

I have been playing fm 07 ever since 08 came out, but i refused to play it because of the bugs.I have downloaded the 8.0.2. patch but havent got round to playing it yet. My query is....has it got better? Are there still problems with the match engine i.e. not closing down and too many shots. Is the confidence still ruined and are there still too many bugs? Im curious because i want to start afresh but i dont want to be disspainted. Also about the defoe and turkish club bugs....are they a problem on the oiginal database or only on the updtaed one?

The game is of the quality that I will never go back to 07, except to carry on a long-running save, occasionally.

The bugs in the database in the 8.02 patch were fixed by an update after a few days.

Admittedly confidence isn't perfect, but the match engine is arguably the best it's ever been, and other than that; nothing to complain about really.

Personally, I think 8.0.2 is just as good as 7.0.2. There are still bugs, as would be expected, and confidence is far from perfect, but the match engine is just as good as the one in 7.0.2.

The Turkish and Defoe problems won't be present if you download the most up to date version of the patch as they were fixed in this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

sorry to post again but what is all the comotion about rubbish regens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regens are more realistic than 07, in that you don't get a load of 16 year olds instantly competing for first-team football. Unfortunately this means that they don't progress enough unless they get the right amount of training, experiences etc; and so many players don't reach anywhere near their PA.

Also often physical stats are very low; although these are quite easy to train up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

thanks hershie can someone confirm for me that the defore & turkish bugs do not happen in the original database and only the updated one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can promise it to you. The patch was updated after a few days. I personally didn't bother updating though, so I'm still running with the bugs.

thanks hershie can someone confirm for me that the defore & turkish bugs do not happen in the original database and only the updated one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually only in the first version of 802 which is exceptionally difficult to find now because it was replaced so swiftly with 802a.

So if you patch now, you wont get it.

Im having problems with the torrent...What i am saying is that the Defoe bug will not be present on the 8.0.2. patch UNUPDATED database. Surely it should only be present on the january updated database. Quick replies guys im in a hurry.

Im having problems with the torrent...What i am saying is that the Defoe bug will not be present on the 8.0.2. patch UNUPDATED database. Surely it should only be present on the january updated database. Quick replies guys im in a hurry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. The 'bug' is in the database with the original 8.02 patch, ie the January database. The updated patch has a fixed database.

I know i am souning difficult here but just listen. I went into the editor into portsmouth, finances contract clauses and defoe wasnt there on the orginal database whereas on the updated one he is and pompey are paying spurs per league apps. So surely portsmouth are not payinng spurs anything for defore on the 8.0.2. default database?

Just answered your new thread but maybe there are too many answers on here to make sense:

Out of the box and 8.0.1 patch there was no Defoe/Portsmouth/Turkish finance bug.

The 8.0.2 patch released 14th Feb DID have the mistake.

The 8.0.2 patch released shortly AFTER the 14th Feb (around the 23rd, I think) does NOT have the bug.

If you've already started a game with 8.0.2 from the 14th you can only change the bug with FMM or similar. If you haven't, download the patch at the top of the forum or on one of the many sites that can be Googled, and your game will be fine.

HOWEVER, it sounds like you're a fairly impatient chap, so you probably won't like the final version that much anyway. There are tons of posts about confidence, 4-2-4 formations, rubbish regens 20 years in, unrealistic transfers etc, so you might want to do a couple of searches before spending a lot of time on the game.

Most of the confidence issues are now cosmetic (althought the board SAY they're unhappy, they are unlikely to sack you for losing in the League cup fourth round... and they always find SOME fault with your performance, but just ignore it; it means nothing). Tactics forum solves the AI's 4-2-4 "supertactic". Couple of other quirks, but hopefully this forum will address them.

I'd hate for you to be disspainted. icon_wink.gif

Archived