How to see CA/PA of newgens?

No. The only real way of seeing a player's current and potential ability is to look at the coach reports, and of course their performances on the pitch.

Of course, if you wanted to cheat, you could just use FMRTE (Football Manager Real Time Editor). But you don't want to go down that road.

No. The only real way of seeing a player's current and potential ability is to look at the coach reports, and of course their performances on the pitch.

Of course, if you wanted to cheat, you could just use FMRTE (Football Manager Real Time Editor). But you don't want to go down that road.

How is Using FMRTE to look at how the CA stat changes cheating? Sure you might realise you don't want to keep the player, but if you don't actually edit anything, or use it for transfers, then I don't really see how it's cheating.

FMRTE is a tool, you can use it in many different ways, cheat by giving yourself tons of cash, making your players unplayable, use it to reduce the gap between you and AI clubs (I swear AI clubs have a massive advantage when it comes to scouting) or correcting a few game-mistakes, like say a player hating your guts because you said they had "a good attitude but that you think they are playing well". Using it to look at a stat however surely can't really be considered cheating?

How is Using FMRTE to look at how the CA stat changes cheating? Sure you might realise you don't want to keep the player, but if you don't actually edit anything, or use it for transfers, then I don't really see how it's cheating.

FMRTE is a tool, you can use it in many different ways, cheat by giving yourself tons of cash, making your players unplayable, use it to reduce the gap between you and AI clubs (I swear AI clubs have a massive advantage when it comes to scouting) or correcting a few game-mistakes, like say a player hating your guts because you said they had "a good attitude but that you think they are playing well". Using it to look at a stat however surely can't really be considered cheating?

Looking at the CA would be fairly pointless as you should be able to see roughly how good he is now just by looking at his profile. It is looking at the PA that could be classed as cheating. Knowing exactly how good a player 'could' become is an advantage that the manager should not have, it should be up to him to judge this for himself.

Looking at the CA would be fairly pointless as you should be able to see roughly how good he is now just by looking at his profile. It is looking at the PA that could be classed as cheating. Knowing exactly how good a player 'could' become is an advantage that the manager should not have, it should be up to him to judge this for himself.

Surely if you already have the player it doesn't really matter? I mean, sure you could find out your star player will never become as great as you think, but you're hardly going to drop him and sell him because of that? You usually consider your squad based on performances anyway. I certainly do. If my star player isn't performing I'll bench him or cash out on him and let a "worse" player who performs play. Served me well so far. I see your point if you're looking at potential prospects, but for players you already have, and who you're trying to devlop and just want to see how your training impacts his CA, I'm not sure I agree.

Surely if you already have the player it doesn't really matter? I mean, sure you could find out your star player will never become as great as you think, but you're hardly going to drop him and sell him because of that? You usually consider your squad based on performances anyway. I certainly do. If my star player isn't performing I'll bench him or cash out on him and let a "worse" player who performs play. Served me well so far. I see your point if you're looking at potential prospects, but for players you already have, and who you're trying to devlop and just want to see how your training impacts his CA, I'm not sure I agree.

If he's already your star player then you don't need to worry about his PA, it was the younger, up and coming players I was thinking of. Knowing which young players to put your efforts into in terms of playing time is a gamble that the manager should be making on his own with only the help of hsi coaching staff. Knowing the PA of the players removes a huge amount of the risk involved, which is what makes it interesting.

In terms of CA, you could always track the progress of his attributes using the yearly graphs, which can be done without the need for third party software.

It is looking at the PA that could be classed as cheating. Knowing exactly how good a player 'could' become is an advantage that the manager should not have, it should be up to him to judge this for himself.
The problem is that AI is doing just that. It has that advantage. It tracks newgens and if their PA is more than 170 top clubs will be there for him. AI has a huge advantage in terms of scouting. Even with the best scouting team you'll most likely be a step behind, because virtual Barcelona or Man Utd manager "knows: exactly the new regen's potential and you don't.

I'm using FMRTE once per season to look for new regens with high potential. As a rule most of them either already have a contract with a big club or are an object of sharp interest from these clubs. So even "cheating" I often lose the competition for the most talanted players.

The problem is that AI is doing just that. It has that advantage. It tracks newgens and if their PA is more than 170 top clubs will be there for him. AI has a huge advantage in terms of scouting. Even with the best scouting team you'll most likely be a step behind, because virtual Barcelona or Man Utd manager "knows: exactly the new regen's potential and you don't.

I'm using FMRTE once per season to look for new regens with high potential. As a rule most of them either already have a contract with a big club or are an object of sharp interest from these clubs. So even "cheating" I often lose the competition for the most talanted players.

I've no idea how AI scouting actually works, but I'm in favour for anything that makes the AI teams a bit more competitive in the transfer market, especially when it comes to youngsters. Signing good, young players is something that I have always felt I've had a huge advantage over the AI on, and that is just from using my scouts.

I've no problem at all with missing out on signing a top youngster to one of the big clubs, as long as it is just one of them and not the same club every time. It just wouldn't be fair if the same club swept up all the top youngsters every year.

christ this argument again, if you were suppose to see PA as a figure they would have put it into the game. Its really not hard to spot those young players likely to make it big and its easy to find them if you set your scouts up properly so there is never a need to use Genie Scout or FMRTE to cheat and find these players without really trying.

And i don't want to cheat; just wanted to observe the CA growth with training ;)

IMO if you know a players CA/PA, you're cheating. If you have any doubts about something just think if that would be possible in real life. Managers don't know their players CA/PA, they have an idea, and that's what you have by looking at your scout and ass man reports.

IMO if you know a players CA/PA, you're cheating. If you have any doubts about something just think if that would be possible in real life. Managers don't know their players CA/PA, they have an idea, and that's what you have by looking at your scout and ass man reports.

I use FMRTE to look at players CA/PA and professionalism before I sign them nowadays. Basically because Im trying not to go crazy and sign every young player which my scouts tell me to. It may be cheating but its not as bad as you make out, I still have to put the effort in to develop the player using good training schedules, loans, tutoring and first team apps.

I use FMRTE to look at players CA/PA and professionalism before I sign them nowadays. Basically because Im trying not to go crazy and sign every young player which my scouts tell me to. It may be cheating but its not as bad as you make out, I still have to put the effort in to develop the player using good training schedules, loans, tutoring and first team apps.

To be fair a high potential player will turn out brilliantly if you just give him some playing time.

Archived