Why not try to let us managers rewrite the history, says not selling Owen in 2004

Football Manager is a game that always let us to build a future. However, it might be more fascinating if it is capable of letting us to rewrite the history.

It might be an interesting suggestion if SI develop a game in which we can freely select the start year of the dynasty. Therefore, we can play Radondo, Ince, Maradona and any other players who are not lucky enough to be appearing as a player in former FM series. And we can also use the Reds to buy Ronaldo in 1994 before PSV did so.

It sounds exciting, doesn't it? Has SI ever thought about this?

As far as I know, FIFA series has once allowed players to play some classic teams such as Brasil 1962 and etc.

I dont think this will ever get implemented.

If you think about it, not only would SI have to create the thousands of players for The current starting season, but then also create them for every year that you'd like to start from. I don't think that SI have the research power or the time to do this. Even if they did, can you imagine the amount of memory this would take to store?

It was a nice reminiscing idea, but I don't think it's ever going to be implemented.

Maradona was in early versions of CM btw.

It would be nigh on impossible to research, and to be honest, fairly boring. If you know that you need to sign the 16 year old at River Plate to replace the 36 year old you signed from Santos 20 years ago, then where's the fun of genuinely discovering players?

Archived