Postponements

why is there never any postponements? Im sure on older cm versions games would get postponed. The odd abandonment would be good too. The game needs more realism. It just seems to buggy for me. Things like drawing the team in the cup your playing the same weekend etc is far to common

Weather postponements really need looking at and that is something I have been saying for years. Look at the prolonged cold spell in November/December this past year. While that wouldn't happen every year, it played havoc with fixtures but FM never reflects this.

Surely it depends at what level you're playing at, your clubs facilities (i.e. undersoil heating) and also what country? In the past two FM's I've had career games at the lower league level with Merthyr Tydfil & Banbury Utd respectively, and found plenty of games postponed due to watterlogged pitches etc.

There is only ever one or occasionally two games postponed in any given division on any given day. There were days this season when the whole fixture list in a division was wiped out due to weather.

Related to this not happening in FM is of course that the weather per match seems to be totally random and not linked with the weather in other matches and/or previous days.

Archived