Odd Board behavior

Howdy All

First, love the game and so glad it can be found on the Iphone.

I started my current game before the patch with Crewe Alexandra (lower league team that had Excellent training facilities). My team managed to be promoted each season, not only winning the league title but setting the goal scoring record each year. Year 3 we made it to the Prem and finished 3rd, 1st and 1st. Have only one 2 trophies so far, FA Cup my 2nd year in Prem and won the Champions Cup last year. So far so good.

My trouble is with my Board. During the first few season they wanted me to stay clear of regulation, and I chose average league position each time and won the league which made them happy. However, once I made it to the Prem they wanted much more. The first year up they wanted the team to qualify for Europe. Again this was the first year of being in the Premiership with a team 2 years removed from League 2. Now we did finish 3rd, but wow that seems like asking for an awful lot. The past two years they wanted me to win the Prem, which we did, but that seems fairly demanding of a board that was happily getting along in much lower leagues. During my past year, won the Prem and won Champions Cup, the Board was unhappy and saying they were disappointed with my management of the team. After winning the Prem I got the following message:

"The board are satisfied that the team have won the Premier Divison. However, the recent excellent form of the team indicated we feel you should be able to turn the situation around."

All I can say is, "Um what?"

For my current season (7) the board is already unhappy with me, its June, and my job is Insecure. I have asked for our stadium to be expanded (that was after 4th season and finished 3rd in Prem, ours only held 15000 at the time). The board agreed that it was needed and we are now 18500 capacity (thankfully attendance makes no difference on my transfer funds or I would be really out of luck against the bigger teams). The next season I got the message saying something to the effect of the board owes you one, didn't ask for anything after that. I also applied for a job with Tottenham during my first season in the Prem (they turned me down) and was offered the job of Everton the next season (a first and very satisfying to reject as my club has better players).

Few notes, my Iphone is a 3gs, with the latest OS version 4.2.1. I did update the game with the new patch, I believe it was during my first season in the Prem, so season 4. My porfile is as follows: Club/Player loyalty 12 , Domestic Player Bias 2 (only have 4 English players), Financial Control 18, Transfer Acumen 11, Youth Policy 20, Reputation is Continental, Manager Rank is 7th with 2956 points. Play a 4-3-3 Attacking mixed normal tackle with offside trap.

I'm now about to get fired for doing what I thought was a fairly decent job and, not sure how to straighten things out. Thank you for your patience with such a long post. Again I really enjoy the game, just confused as to why the Board is acting in such a manner.

Texasjeff

• SI Staff

Any chance that you might be able to forward your save game onto me and I'll fast forward it to the next season and see what the demands are and why they're so impatient with you ..

To retrieve a save game from the phone:

* Plug your iDevice into your computer

* Start iTunes

* Highlight your device in the panel on the left hand side of iTunes

* A page showing your phone details should appear with 'Summary' highlighted on a tab menu at the top of the page.

* Select 'Apps' from the tab menu at the top of the page

* A page should appear showing all the apps you have installed, presuing you have a reasonably up to date version of iOS there should be a section entitled 'File Sharing' below the App list.

* In the file sharing area please highlight Football Manager Handheld 2011.

* From the area next to the file sharing apps you should now see a directory of files displayed - the ones which are fm_save1.dat and similar names are the save games on your device.

To locate the one you're having problems with:

hidden.dat = autosave file, fm_save1.dat = top most in the list, fm_save2.dat = second in the list etc.

* Drag the files out of itunes and onto the desktop to take them from the device to your computer

(my email is marc.vaughan@sigames.com)

Archived