World Class manager can't get a job.

I'm doing a top two division only journeyman save, as a change of pace from LLM. I started out unemployed as a former international footballer and landed the Ajax gig at the start. Three great years, three league and cup doubles with good CL showings led me to resign for a new challenge. Well I can't get a job to save my life. Every team I apply for laughs at me. I have a world class rep! Any ideas?

I just got laughed off by Sunderland who were 17th. The hired a manager with an obscure rep and no previous history.

This has to be a bug. I have now been laughed off by teams in the Ukrainian second division. The only job I actually was offered was in the Swedish Third Division. Well, back to the drawing board, starting a new game!

Got laughed off from every team in the premier league, but am front runner for the Norwich City jon in the Championship... So I guess the Dutch dynamic league reputation is preeetty bad... I think maybe we're world class in the eyes of the dutch, but in the world scale, still have a lot to prove? Maybe?

its happened to me. i let my contract run out in 2016 when manager of liverpool from the start, having a world class rating, 4 league titles, 1 league cup 2 FA cups and a champions league win and couldnt get the bolton job in october who were 7th in the championship...

something aint quite right.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245375-Manager-Reputation-World-Class-Rep-and-Cant-get-a-job

Quite a few people have experienced this and it will hopefully be fixed in the next patch. From what I can see if you start with a low rep or gain your reputation in a lower rep league it is hard to move countries. You can usually move to another league that is half a star rating above your current league.

I've gotten annoyed at this as well. Here's my career and my "applications":

4 seasons with Rosenborg (Norway) League title 4 years running, 3 norwegian cups 1 European cup

Hired by Denmark, I win the European Championship with them.

applied for Manchester United when Fergie left (laughed at, ok I expected that)

applied for relegation threatened West Brom (laughed at)

applied for mid-championship side (laughed at)

applied for Ascoli (20th Serie B)

Managed Ascoli 2 seasons, instant promotion into Serie A first season (got through on playoffs), finished 15th in Serie A next season.

Atlético Madrid ask me to take over, I accept

England asks me to Manage them, I accept

3CL trophies, 2 spanish cups and 1 league title

1 WC trophy with England

AC Milan ask me to manage them I reject.

Two seasons later I resign both jobs and apply for Ipswich (21th in Championship 10 matches in), I get instant promotion, budget of £2M with what my scouts say is the weakest squad in the championship (now playing the premiership) which means I'm most likely to be relegated

I express interest in mid-table La Liga and EPL sides, I get laughed away. I'm at this point "World Class" and done miracles with no budget to speak of what so ever.

I somehow manage to save the spot (last day of the season) and resign in hope of getting a better job.

I drift around for a season without any offers, I apply for a handful of championship clubs who laugh away my interest (seriously, wtf?) until I finally get the England job again (they seem to have remembered me), I win the Confed cup and get offered a job by Athletico Bilbao, with every big club in the world laughing away my interest (meh, at least I got a decent job).

The AI seem to struggle with the same issues, Pep Guardiola is without a job after a 7 season spell with Barcelona (has been for 4 seasons now) which he lost because I beat him to the title once (atl madrid). While he hasn't gotten any offers what so ever, while almost every coach at Atl.Madrid have been offered top manager jobs. A youth coach I brought in when I started there currently managing Manchester City, my old assistant currently managing Juventus, a fitness coach currently managing Liverpool. Myself and Guardiola were never even considered for these positions simply because we weren't currently in a top club. I feel so bad for Guardiola at the moment that I'm thinking about giving him an assistant manager job as that's the only way he'll ever get another job. The smaller clubs simply do not see him as a viable option, and the big clubs simply won't hire him and go for fitness coaches, goalkeeper coaches and very random people instead.

I actually tried an experiment with Steven Gerrard. He had been without a job for 5 seasons (when he stopped playing profesionally), I offered him the England U21 job which he accepted. It took about 4 months and suddenly a lot of clubs became interested (none had been before). Simply because I gave him a role in England...

Edit:

I also tried to apply for my old job at Atletico once I saw that the new manager was selling all my key players and putting a 3 time CL winner in 6th place, but they laughed away my interest as well. I'm favoured at the club and won them 3CL titles and beat Barca's domination of the league and yet they laugh away my interest? Really?

i've won 3 portuguese leagues in a row, 3 portuguese league cups & 2 portuguese fa cups in a row and in the final of the fa cup again this season, won the champ league in 1st season, runners up the next 2 seasons, semi's again this year & i also won the world club cup in 2nd season.

My overall record as a manager of Benfica is -

Played 168, Won 147, Drew 15, Lost 6, Scored 590, Conceded 81, Win Ratio 87%

Every job i've applied for i've been turned down, Man City gave the job to Tony Mowbray over me, Chelsea gave the job to David Moyes over me & AC Milan gave the job to Massimo Ambrosini who had absolutely no managerial experiance at all. The Man Utd job is up at the end of the season but i cannot see any point in applying for it to be honest.

EDIT- you can now add another Portuguese cup and champions league to that list & Michael Laudrup has just been choosen to be the new Chelsea manager ahead of me. In the same inbox is news that i've become the most successfull manager ever in the Portuguese league !

It has been a problem since the launch of the game.

Damn, doesn't anything work in this game as it's supposed to?

No surprise sales have been slow this year according to SEGA. (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-04-western-vanquish-and-fm11-sales-slow).

I guess they will pick up a bit after the 3rd patch. I personally know a lot of people who are waiting for the 3rd patch and have not bought the game at launch, which is the right thing to do of course considering the many problems with the game.

I'm never buying at launch again. Seriously, whats the point? You can pick it up at half the price in March, plus you get the finished article rather than the work in progress.

Really not bashing SI, just stating a fact.

i 100% agree i spent 30quid on game when it came out havent even finished a season yet when i start i come on forums just see all the bugs glitches etc just puts me off but not long till 3rd patch hope its soon

Not really what this thread is about though. What people are saying is that even when they have built up thier reps, they can't get jobs.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245375-Manager-Reputation-World-Class-Rep-and-Cant-get-a-job

Should have posted this link again I thought there was a proper answer from SI in that thread but there isn't. With the issue being raised by several people in the bugs forum already along with countless threads on here I am pretty sure it will be improved for the new patch.

I'm never buying at launch again. Seriously, whats the point? You can pick it up at half the price in March, plus you get the finished article rather than the work in progress.

That is indeed a fact. Any customer who wants to protect himself should follow this line, I know I have, along with many other people.

You wait for March where there is a 3rd patch and the game is cheaper. Either way it's still a year, from March to March. :)

I'm not either. People who take this line get a lot of hassle from the die-hards, because they say that not buying untill march would not help get the problems fixed, but to be honest i don't want to spend £30 for a game that i cannot play properly for 3 months. I don't expect to pay for the privelige of testing the game.

I'd have no problems paying £30 in March, however. It's really the principle of it. Wasting my time on saves that i can't get the best out of.

I'm not either. People who take this line get a lot of hassle from the die-hards, because they say that not buying untill march would not help get the problems fixed, but to be honest i don't want to spend £30 for a game that i cannot play properly for 3 months. I don't expect to pay for the privelige of testing the game.

I'd have no problems paying £30 in March, however. It's really the principle of it. Wasting my time on saves that i can't get the best out of.

Exactly this.

I wouldn't be unhappy if i still had to pay full price in March as all i want is the finished product (or as complete as it's going to get) and i too am going to now play my games from March till March. I play very long career saves and some of the bugs pre-final patch in the last few versions ruin my personal enjoyment of the game.

Archived