New contracts

I don't know about everybody else playing FM2011, but the wage demands are just to excessive and half the time the talks break down with the player not wishing to resign. I suspect this may have been mentioned but to give you an idea of what I am talking about (on average) a player on 50,000 pounds suddenly wants 120,000 and many more requesting same. Arsenal just can't agree, so I lose players. I have had "backup" players asking for 90,000 pounds. How is everyone going with this, anyone had any luck. Just to end I lost 5 players because I couldn't give them what they wanted (end of 2012) a whole bunch come up at same time.

Or maybe I am doing something wrong. If anyone can help please post a reply. Overall am very happy with FM2011.

Cheers

To be honest i do not tend to have too many problems with contract negotiations.

Check what squad status you are giving them - if you do not consider them a key player (for example) but they want a key player status, drop the status and usually their wage demands will fall as well. Negotiate the wages - almost every deal I do I start low and then if they reject raise it higher until you all meet somewhere in the middle. I do not know the last time when a player demand a starting wage and stuck to his guns - they will all usually accept a lot less (unless they are one of the best in the world).

Keep at it and try adjusting signing on fees as well. Sometimes actually raising the agent fee and lower the wage will work as well.

Good luck

renewing players contracts i find easy my first offer is below there current wage by 10k then if he renegotiates it over his current wage i offer they current wage and they will accept but like posted above if you offer higher signing on fees and agent fees you can get them on a lower wage but if you do it this way becareful not to put your club in financial trouble. the main problem i find with contracts is that my players i am selling won't agree a contract with other clubs it is getting annoying.

In most cases you can successfully negotiate down.

If after a few rounds we still cannot reach an agreement, I offer them lowest possible terms - this usually softens them a bit and in the next round we meet in the middle. If desperate, I use non-negotiable offer. You just need some patience and you'll get an acceptable deal.

The only problem I have is with impatient agents. They withdraw after two rounds of negotiation. How realistic is that?

a tip as well which i have just started to use more and more - you will sometimes get a news item that your player has sacked his agent - as soon as you get this, go to the players contract and if he is a good player, offer him a new contract before he gets an a new agent - i have renewed quite a few good players contract this way and there wages demands have been very reasonable as there is no agent interfering.

Excellent advice and very clever. I will keep an eye out for that. Thanks :-)

a tip as well which i have just started to use more and more - you will sometimes get a news item that your player has sacked his agent - as soon as you get this, go to the players contract and if he is a good player, offer him a new contract before he gets an a new agent - i have renewed quite a few good players contract this way and there wages demands have been very reasonable as there is no agent interfering.

Archived