Ever get that feelin' you've took a team as far as they can go?

Ok, heres the situation.

I started Un-employed and past status as Sunday League Football (as i play at that level), Lincoln came calling, so i took the Job. After four seasons of wheeling and dealing in the free transfer market i got them into the premiership, although i now have 12 million to spend nobody wants to come to my club, my top 'realistic' target is Charlie Austin, i can't even get Loan players in!

The Board won't do anything to help, i've asked to improve youth, expand stadium etc, but to no avail unless its necessary to abide by Premier League rules.

My Team as it stands - (How will they cope with Premier League Football?)

GK- Brad Jones

LB- Tom Bender

CB- Nathan Baker

CB- Gavin Gunning

RB- Martin Kelly

DM- Oliver Norwood - (Suprisingly Amazing since League 2)

CM- Tom Soares

LM- Gerardo Bruna

RM- Alan Judge

ST- Tamas Priskin

ST- Ryan Mason

Subs -

Ok, heres the situation.

I started Un-employed and past status as Sunday League Football (as i play at that level), Lincoln came calling, so i took the Job. After four seasons of wheeling and dealing in the free transfer market i got them into the premiership, although i now have 12 million to spend nobody wants to come to my club, my top 'realistic' target is Charlie Austin, i can't even get Loan players in!

The Board won't do anything to help, i've asked to improve youth, expand stadium etc, but to no avail unless its necessary to abide by Premier League rules.

My Team as it stands - (How will they cope with Premier League Football?)

GK- Brad Jones

LB- Tom Bender

CB- Nathan Baker

CB- Gavin Gunning

RB- Martin Kelly

DM- Oliver Norwood - (Suprisingly Amazing since League 2)

CM- Tom Soares

LM- Gerardo Bruna

RM- Alan Judge

ST- Tamas Priskin

ST- Ryan Mason

Subs -

I think you should be ok. Jones isn't too bad a keeper & I had Ryan Mason from season 2 onwards on FM10 & he was a goal machine. Whats your Stadium Capacity? Ever thought of buying cheap & good players from Eastern EU countries? With that £12M I personally would be scouring South America(bargains galore*!) & the Eastern EU countries & also the lower foreign leagues along with the transfer listed players.

My stadium capacity is 9412, but 2500 seats are being added to abide the regulations, i would scout other leagues but the board only allow me to scout UK countries! so i wouldn't have any idea if a player was good or not! I guess i'll have to work with what i've got.

I'm Hoping my team are a more extreme version of Blackpool and suprise everybody.

Actualy that is exactly who you can compare your team to.

Blackpool are gaining respect but they havent got much rep atm and will be restricted to buying squad players off Premiership clubs or lower division. Once they survive a season or two then they can start to tempt bigger players. No Premiership player wants to join a club that they think may go down and stay down.

In the meantime I would concentrate on getting some decent rated youth in from lower divisions. Crewe would be a good club to keep scouting every season because of their good youth set-up.

should be ok mate just keep looking for free agents that what i done with shrewsbury i got to prem through whealing and dealing. first prem season is hard to get good players but if you stay up they get interested and you will get good players and they are some good free agents around then.you should be fine just play how you did in championship. i was lucky i got ferdinand malouda owen berbatov on free transfers so they kept me up

look for players who have been released. a lot of good players tend to leave when their contracts expire and can be picked up fairly cheap. if they don't accept your offer at first try again every month if they are still available.

look at international youth teams too. if a player looks good and is worth a bit more money than the rest then its a good bet they will turn out quite good

Archived