Why clubs never spending big?

Seen the transfer of Bent, Carroll, Dzeko, David Luiz and Torres it is clear that teams in real life spend big money. But in FM the 'biggest' transfers always contain transfersums around 20 million pounds. Top teams are nine out of ten times not willing to pay a major prize for a player. Only after a couple of years clubs are slowly going to spend more money. But why not from the start? Some clubs do have the money for it, but prefer to buy average players for 5 million instead of world-class players for 30 million. I find it rather frustrating that if I have a good player in my squad with a value of 10 mil, clubs are offering me eight to 12 million pounds for him while in real life clubs would give 20 tot 25 million. Why is this?

I think SI had some misguided notion that clubs would not spend big money for a couple of years, due to the ''recession'', so they implemented it into the game.

Annoys me too.

Which lasts aprox 8 years :p

Biggest transfers I've seen:

Sabino Almeida - Benfica -> Inter - £45.5M

Eden Hazard - ManCity -> Barcelona - £45.5M

Babacar - Fiorentina -> ManCity £43M

Macheda - Espanyol -> ManCity £39.8M

Abel Hernandez - Palermo -> Tottenham £38.5M

Neymar - Benfica -> Chelsea - £38M

Sergio Cordozo - Sporting -> Inter - £37.5M

Mario Batista - Juventus -> ManUtd - £31.5M

Stéphan LeClerc - Bordeaux -> Man City - £30M

Mario Balotelli - Atletico Madrid -> Barcelona - £30M

So they do spend money after a while, Real and Barca's messed up TV deals are in the game so they basically just buy whoever the hell they want (Barca's lowest costing import cost £20M). For some strange reason it seems to be Portuguese clubs that are able to sell their players with the most profit though. I rarely sell my best players though so the best I've gotten for someone is £7.5M, and that transfer was forced by the board :( Another statistic I'm rather proud of is that the most expensive player I've ever signed cost me £12M ^_^

I resigned and holidayed after winning it all on my AFC Wimbledon game. 2 years later Real Madrid paid 1,08 bn Nkr (which is I guess around £100m). Insane amount. Highest ever before was around £50m.

I still think it is weird the amount of substandard players bought by the AI. United, City and the other big PL-clubs had reserve teams consisting of 30-40 players due to them buying 15 players every season. Way too active IMO.

I think SI had some misguided notion that clubs would not spend big money for a couple of years, due to the ''recession'', so they implemented it into the game.

Annoys me too.

Last January hardly any money was spend relatively speaking.

SI make the game.

This January a record amount is spent.

SI are not clairvoyants.

Annoys me too.

if you look at who actually spent money this transfer window then its pretty close to real life, liverpool only spent big because they got £50m for Torres, they have only actually spent under £15m in the transfer window, something they will do in the game, Man City spent again like they do in game, the only thing FM hasnt followed was Chelsea spending close to £80m i dont think anyone could see that coming. Out with those 3 teams no one really spent any money and outwith england the highest fee paid was £3m, the fact a couple of teams spent huge has really tainted the spending picture in january, almost any other team has made some loan and free signings but money is tight and this transfer window has shown it.

Archived