Player Description : How SI describes a Player

Generally while scanning through the players profile in the personal tab; I find Description detail.... (Legendary Midfielder, Clinical Striker, blah blah blah)..........

They change with time.... While playing FIFA 07; I used to pick players based on their description which never used to change...... But keeping that aside i wanted to know how players are described by FM... So I went to the editor to see what they say about it.....

But the Editor just names them and gives them UID.....

Still I want to know..... Do some1 have any Idea about it....

Another thing is If Hamsik is a Legendary Midfielder at MUFC ( 32 playing for last 7 years, why is he missing from the Club Legend Panel)....

They are templates set in the game- if certain stats match, then the description is generated. Some are easy to figure out, such as when a players has over 15 in Teamwork and Workrate, they typically get a description of "enthusiastic" whatever. I don't think there is any way to see these with editor or without (never used the editor myself so couldn't tell you for sure)

yet there will be some basis on which players are just midfielder or tireless midfielder.....

Like for example, I got a article on personality which details about which personality means what attribute....

I want to know same about the Player Description...

• 4 weeks later...

I also noticed they took the captain desription off this year which i would like to see back in the game.

A good feature when you see one of your regens you have brought up from a youngster to get the captaincy for his country. I know you can still look in natoinal teams info but its not the same as seeing it in his desciption.

It is based largely on players mental and hidden attributes - this link shows how each description was calculated in FM10.3, I can't imagine it would have changed too much.

Interestingly, I recently picked up a player with an 'unsporting' personality, and in his first season he smashed the club worst discipline record with 17 yellow cards and 3 red cards from 33 games!

It is based largely on players mental and hidden attributes - this link shows how each description was calculated in FM10.3, I can't imagine it would have changed too much.

Interestingly, I recently picked up a player with an 'unsporting' personality, and in his first season he smashed the club worst discipline record with 17 yellow cards and 3 red cards from 33 games!

that link shows how they get their personalities, not their description.. the OP asks about descriptions

e.g.

Description: World class midfielder <<< this one

Personality: Fairly Professional <<< not this one

Indeed. While he's at away matches in Europe he asks the boss for an extra day so he can visit the sights of wherever they're visiting xD

[Highbrow]Yes, indeed, and as the gaffer, I like to go with him to see a symphony orchestra or to museums and art exhibitions! [/highbrow]

:p

I would say their reputation is a key factor.

If Hamsik has played well for 7 season (winning world player of the year and such) and won countless trophies for Man Utd he may well become a legend.

However, with a massive club like Man Utd you need to remember players like Charlton and Giggs played over 600 games for United.

I think Giggs has won 11 Premier League titles with them. It is probably fair to say their achievements outrank that of a player who has only been their for 7 seasons.

I personally like a wonder kid - young players with very high potential ability.

wonderkids.PNG

It's their attributes and age that determine this. I don't know which do what, but most are pretty obvious if you look at a few players. e.g. a "cultured" player is technically capable, a "tenacious" player has good mental attributes etc.

Young/experienced depend on the ages.

Another thing is If Hamsik is a Legendary Midfielder at MUFC ( 32 playing for last 7 years, why is he missing from the Club Legend Panel)....

Maybe it doesn't mean "Legender Man Utd Midfielder", maybe he's just a legend in general after performing well for several clubs and having a very high world reputation.

I would say their reputation is a key factor.

If Hamsik has played well for 7 season (winning world player of the year and such) and won countless trophies for Man Utd he may well become a legend.

However, with a massive club like Man Utd you need to remember players like Charlton and Giggs played over 600 games for United.

I think Giggs has won 11 Premier League titles with them. It is probably fair to say their achievements outrank that of a player who has only been their for 7 seasons.

I personally like a wonder kid - young players with very high potential ability.

wonderkids.PNG

Charlton are back in the Premiership? I don't care that we got tonked 6-0 this is awesome especially on every game I've seen they're either a yoyo Championship/League one side or dropping faster than a stone to League 2.

I have a guide about this, but it's in spanish and don't want to translate it xD

http://www.fmsite.net/foro/index.php?showtopic=53587&view=findpost&p=1694022

well its kinda good u didnt translate since again its not about what hes talking about so make sure to read what hes actually talking about first as hes on about player descriptions not player personalities that the guide covers.

as for me i feel descriptions are a mixture of attributes and atleast their reputation and like somebody stated they may be a legendary midfielder but that doesn't generally mean hes a legendary man united midfielder more of hes just a player who when u think of midfielders hes a perfect candidate for one of the best in that role.

A wonderkid doesn't necessarily have a very high PA its more that he has a very high CA for somebody of his age.

Think you will need some inside info to find out what makes up all the descriptions.

It's not just reputation and attributes as you also get the Nomadic stiker one.

Most of them are pretty easy to figure out.

It bugs me when they describe my striker as a winger etc in the match reports.

Lukaku does it every season for me...........

Archived