Help needed (please)

Right, please don't read this and think it's all rubbish. I need some good, avid, in depth tactic Football Manager players to give me tips and advice here, any help is gratefully appreciated.

1) So as things stand, the new patch will be out soon, which hopefully covers all the January transfer dealings and cut out most of the bugs and so by the time the new patch comes out, I want to start my first non-league management challenge on FM2011. The two teams, I was thinking was either Gainsborough (fairly local side) or FC United of Manchester as I've always been fascinated by the club. Any input on challenges would be greatly appreciated as I don't want any normal non-league team, I was a good, strong and solid challenge!!!

2) Secondly, if I decide to go for FC United of Manchester this would mean downloading the added pack that I can find somewhere on here. Just wondering, is this worth downloading or should I just decide to stick with what I've got?

3) This time, I want to do things properly. Think of me as wanting to be a real FM geek knowing all tactics inside out and upside down. From top to bottom of everything inside the game, to nutritioning your youngsters, to what tactics to play in what different situations etc. So basically, I'm looking for a guide with everything possible on FM in. This is because I'm really determined to go for a great challenge that will finally bring the best out of my management skills instead of quickly doing tactics and then signing players because they have decent pedigree behind them or they have a name I have heard of. So also want a guide that shows what attributes are key for each position.

This is basically it. Any help would be great, this is the very first time in a few years I have been so looking forward to starting a new game on FM so please guys, do me a favor and help me out!

Thanks in advance,

Ben_GTFC

:D

I can tell you on #2 that Uncle Ron's England tiers 7 & 8 is a great add-on and you would get FC United playable. It works exceptionally well, and is well worth downloading. You can find the link in the Editor's Hideaway forum

Everything you need is on these forums in the respective sections. There is a tactics forum for guides on how the ME works and any tactical advice. There is the Good Players and Team Guide forum. Here you can find info on good players and also threads for specific teams. So if your interested in FC United, look in the FC United thread for other peoples experiences and advice on good players to sign, tactics and so on. There is also the Editors forum for all the add-ons which you may need.

there are a few FM manuals out there some are very good, like Steverobbo says search the forums for them or Google them i think they should be easy enough to find, there are a few posts in the GD forum about them, there are also good challenges in the LLM forum which could take your fancy, the Defuge challenge and a couple similar could be what your looking for.

At the risk of tipping a bit, when you set up a tactic, and select a role in a position, the game tells you what attributes are best for that role by highlighting them. Just jump in and get started I would say, design your own tactic, find your own players, use the tools the game has for you (and there are lots), learn through doing and trial and error, use the ingame notes sytem for players when you spot something etc etc. It is rewarding!

At the risk of tipping a bit, when you set up a tactic, and select a role in a position, the game tells you what attributes are best for that role by highlighting them. Just jump in and get started I would say, design your own tactic, find your own players, use the tools the game has for you (and there are lots), learn through doing and trial and error, use the ingame notes sytem for players when you spot something etc etc. It is rewarding!

Well that's what I've done before but as you stated, jumping in has sometimes seen me get bored easily and quickly and easily disillusioned with the game! Of course it's fine but it would be nice to go to a real tough challenge feeling refreshed due to knowing what I am doing with tactics etc and adjusting the tactics to my team, rather than just going in with my own. This is why I want somewhere where everything is explained in much detail so I can feel better about the game and make it a long term one. Appreciate your reply though!

Archived