Number of days spent scouting a nation

I've set up my scouts to scout individual nations (I think this works better than roaming scouts). I'm noticing that while one scout will be spending close to half the year in Brazil, another one will work through Sweden in 47 days, and a third one is blitzing through Hungary in a mere ten days.

So, I'm wondering what determines how long a scout spends in a given nation? Obviously, the size of the nation matters, but are there other factors, such as the determination, adaptability, etc. of the scout (or possibly his distaste for goulash)? Also, do the scouts' attributes determine how many reports are actually produced during that time?

All the nations mentioned are set up with playable leagues, btw.

Well, clearly your Brazil scout is spending all his time on the beach, and I don't think I'd want to spend any more time than absolutely necessary in Hungary.

In all seriousness, though, I'd love to know the answer to this as well.

Well, clearly your Brazil scout is spending all his time on the beach, and I don't think I'd want to spend any more time than absolutely necessary in Hungary.

In all seriousness, though, I'd love to know the answer to this as well.

+1. I have scouts that just rip through a place in a week or two- hard to believe they've anything approaching a thorough job

I've set up my scouts to scout individual nations (I think this works better than roaming scouts). I'm noticing that while one scout will be spending close to half the year in Brazil, another one will work through Sweden in 47 days, and a third one is blitzing through Hungary in a mere ten days.

Chances of finding good players are lesser in Hungary, so they scan it just for the best players... while the Brazil requires more hard work, so they ends up taking time (Moreover it's a big country with numerous club).....

With Sweden I think as they have better FIFA ranking, so a bit of more time.................

It's better if the scout have in born knowledge of the country they are scouting.... Adaptibility, Determination is absolute necessity... Judging Ability is primary purpose you hired them...........

The reporting will depend on the status of yours 1st team.... If it is weak, there will be lot more reports as they just report about the potential they see that fits into the Club structure....... (Don't come after me if they report a 1 star player, they just think he can help, selection is yours job....)

Archived