Preventing Retired Players from disappearing from Football Manager 2011

Its just like real life.

Some players stay in the game as coaches/managers/scouts etc, some go into media work and others disappear from the game altogether to start a new chapter in their life.

FM represents this best it can in my view, even if there are some dodgy managerial choices of ex players every now and then ;)

How do you stop this? when a player retires sometimes they just disappear, sometimes they retire into the background of the game as a coach etc. I know in the editor you can set a retirement date but it makes them gone from the game.

You would expect the players who retire and don't take a job as a coach, scout, physio, manager, etc... to vanish from the game as otherwise they just take up space and slow the game down more.

What I would love to see is them put back in the system from CM01/02 which is that if a player retires and doesn't take a job in football then they stay in the game as a retired player for a while (I believe 1 season).

The reason I think this is great is because I'm sure that most people on here have at some point seen a message saying that a player has retired and you want to look at their career stats. If they were retained for a year it would allow you to do this, to have a look at the career of a retired player, and because they are only being kept in the game for 1 season it wouldn't add that many players and so game speed would be unaffected.

You would expect the players who retire and don't take a job as a coach, scout, physio, manager, etc... to vanish from the game as otherwise they just take up space and slow the game down more.

What I would love to see is them put back in the system from CM01/02 which is that if a player retires and doesn't take a job in football then they stay in the game as a retired player for a while (I believe 1 season).

The reason I think this is great is because I'm sure that most people on here have at some point seen a message saying that a player has retired and you want to look at their career stats. If they were retained for a year it would allow you to do this, to have a look at the career of a retired player, and because they are only being kept in the game for 1 season it wouldn't add that many players and so game speed would be unaffected.

I personally find it very annoying that you can't view retired player immediately after retirement. Perhaps they could stay in game as retired player for at least 6 months would be reasonable.

Archived