centre back - to buy or not to buy that is the question!!

in my 1st season with arsenal and doing really well, won the the league cup, currently top of the league by 6 points with 2 months to go, fa cup semi final to come and to play real madrid in 1/4 finals champs league

but starting to plan for the 2nd season already got a couple of youngsters on way (lukaku, thorgan hazard (already got eden!), lee hodson)

theres not many changes to make but i feel i need to bring in a world class defender, squillaci will be shown the door, vermalen has been class, and koscienly and djourou have done well but i feel the standard needs to be taken up a level.

Im currently looking at either Kjaer, Sakho or Subotic but think these will be high transfer fees. (20 million offer rejected for kjaer earlier!)

What 1 do you think is the best or do i stick it out with koscienly and djourou to partner vermaelen?

You're nearly there with Kjaer - just keep upping the bid 1m until they accept (I think his fee breaking point is about 26m? can't remember off the top of my head)

A personal favourite of mine is Leonardo Gaelano! He's awesome! And Ezequel Munoz had both at Palmero and they were great!

Raphael Varne is quite a good prospect - Darnel Situ - Phil Jones -

You could always try for Johnny Evans from Utd - he's always very good in the game.

I've gone off buying Sahko and not heard of the other guy.

That would be my choices for CB

If you want world class you are going to have to pay for it. I paid out heavy sums for LLoris (entire transfer budget in 1st season) and Thiago Silva (board negotiated it for £40mill) in my Man Utd save but it worked - won the CL in Lloris' first season and retained it and added the league in Thiago Silva's first season (both have been quality). Aiming to get Kjaer on a free in my fourth to replace an aging Vidic.

If you don't want to splash the cash then tough it out with what you have, you seem to be dominating the league and that will lead to plenty of dollar coming in at the end of the season. Perhaps see who's contract is up in the summer?

Get Phil Jones - he's expensive but he's very young and he's a bomb. If you want a more experienced player look no further than Mexes.

On my stoke save, Blackburn got relegated in the first season so managed to pick Phil Jones up for just £3.1m! went on to make over 400 league apps for me!

Ryan Shawcross from Stoke is a cracking defender on FM, great in the air and won't want too high a set of wages and may be able to get a good deal from Stoke. Not to mention he's a cult figure amongst the Arsenal fans ;)

Ranocchia from Inter is a beast. He might be a tad slower than the rest of the defenders you're looking at, but I was lucky enough to sign him on a free once and he was always, always a rock at the back and popped in with 15 goals from corners. Really reminds me of Vidic.

Archived