tutoring

hi, ive just got a few questins about tutoring:

1) how come cetain players can only tutor certain players, for example, i bought ashly cole who is now 34 jus for the purposes of tutoring my younger players, when i go to the tutoring bit, i can only select 4 players and all of them are going to be useless, i have far more promising left backs in my squad

2) how come when you try and get someone to tutor a younger player, and the younger player, for some unknown reason says no, can you not get the older player to tutor someone else, the tutoring option is just greyed out

this isnt a moan, but more of ineterested why, there may be good reasons for it for all i know

1.) are any of these youngster set as rotation or better players? if so i think this has something to do with them not being able to be tutored

2.) i dont know, its annoying but i guess its "realisim" that if i asked cole to tutor a kid, we invite him in and he says ehm na, i prob wouldnt turn round to cole and ask him to tutor someone else instead then

1) no all the more promising youngsters are set to hot prospects and the rubbish ones are set to the youngster status

2) yeah i thought that, and i dont get why some players would say no, i was trying to get cambiasso to tutor someone and they said no, didnt even get a reason

im not sure about the first one then, ive heard a few people mention that cause problems, and also players rep.

It may have to do with player personality/tutor mentality too? I've noticed recently that players that can tutor another tend to have similar personalities, i may be wrong but i cant recall seeing a professional player being able to tutor a volitile player, the options always seem to be the same or somethign like fairly loyal, etc etc

I have a very young team, around 20 years each , anyway despiting 90% of my young players are first team regular , my 30s can't tutor anyone but few under 18 recycle bins.

This situation keeps on going since years despiting players changed within my team during last years.

Only once in 5 years it happend to me that one of my 30 was allowed to tutor a young talent, other than that they have never been allowed to tutor a single first team player.

This is why I use FMRTE. I modify the olders player reputation and squad role so that they can tutor the player, then i revert it back. I think no matter how low a legends CA or Reputation gets, he will be respected and remember for what he did in the past.

This is why I'm advocating for a new system for tutoring, so that the game remembers the "Highest Reputation Reached" and it's based off that value that determines who you can tutor and not their "current reputation". (The other factors like Age can remain the same)

Archived