Media prediction 2nd, after 7 straight premierleague titles?

I agree Ozzay. If I was a bookmakers, I know who I'd be making favorites every July!

I sort of wish I was a punter on FM now.....I'd be able to make a killing!!!

It's not even like my squad has changed drastically season by season, just brought in a couple of regens in each year, who i've slowly bled into the team, while city waste their money on terrible youngsters.

It's not even like my squad has changed drastically season by season, just brought in a couple of regens in each year, who i've slowly bled into the team, while city waste their money on terrible youngsters.

Nothing new there then!

I find with the game you get to a certain point where you don't have to buy anymore than 1 or 2 youngster every year and your team ends up becoming a conveyor belt: as one player retires, stats dwindle, becomes not good enough etc... there is a you lad who is more than ready to step in.

Nothing new there then!

I find with the game you get to a certain point where you don't have to buy anymore than 1 or 2 youngster every year and your team ends up becoming a conveyor belt: as one player retires, stats dwindle, becomes not good enough etc... there is a you lad who is more than ready to step in.

that is EXACTLY how it is pretty much haha, nice, young settled squad, only 3 players over 30, too easy :)

that is EXACTLY how it is pretty much haha, nice, young settled squad, only 3 players over 30, too easy :)

I have just had a thought and since I'm in a bit of limbo at the moment waiting for the new patch I might start a new game and see if I can re-create the Man United class of 92.

Start a new game, pinch the best 14,15,16 year old British (only) lads and see how many of them I can bring through within a 1-3 seasons of each other gaining success on the way, maybe even take over the U-18 team and have a hands on approach in their development, try and win the FA Youth Cup as well. Would only be able to do it at top club I reckon due to training facilities, though could go down the Crewe Alexander route and keep rolling them off the production line and be a comfortable Championship club.

Nothing new there then!

This is exactly how I play, average age of my squad is about 24, youngest in the league. I have a few old timers who skew the average, but most of my squad is under 21. Just buy 3 or 4 seventeen year olds every season and bed them in, with the occasional siginng of someone in their mid twenties if I am desperate.

Man City are always favourites though as they buy all the 'superstar' players and put them in the reserves and finish 4th or 5th.

It's a mixtue of players, last season's finish AND money.

Man City have so much cash to spend the game doesn't want to assume they won't spend it and come 2nd. The game works out that City are so rich that when the odds are released they are still expected to sign several world beaters.

It is silly though, I noted that for 12 years they were big favourites at about 5/4 some years, whereas the next highest was 4/1. They didn't win the league even once and in reality they would no longer be considered favourites and the media would be ALL over them "spent £2.3bn and not won the league..."

You will find FM may put you at a lower prediction as pundits may not think your team has the "ooomph" to hold the title. it happened to me on FM2010. I was 13 seasons in, had won 10 league titles and 4 champions league, and a bunch of other cups, but yet my predictions would be that I would finish 3rd/4th and 5th!. However, since FM was released I have always played Chelsea the same way. try to make profit ALWAYS.

I wish City were still finishing in rubbish posistions. they are a headache for my "Cheaper Chelsea". Basically slowly reducing the wages at the club by selling higher earners, and bringing in players who dont want as much.

Example (Selling check to roma for £10.5 mil in season 3, and Giving Delac to Number 1, Delac's wages were £75,000 p/week lower) but it is affecting my team, of course it is. and its taking a long time, thsi has been my most successful season financially wise, due to reducing wages by over £500,000 a week. Only problem I wish I didnt have is every time I get through the group stage of the CL. Last year I got Barcelona, and this year Real Madrid. Both teams beat me by 1 Goal!.

at the moment Man City are top of the league (5th season). 30 games into the league, and they have won 21, drawn 9, and lost.. you guessed it 0!.

The media predictions are bizarre. Chelsea, who have finished 2nd once and won the Prem two seasons in a row are predicted 2nd whilst City who won it three seasons ago but failed to even finish top 6 last season have been made favourites to win it. Very strange.

We've also been made favourites to be relegated for the 4th year running. We were predicted relegation from the 2nd Division and went up in 3rd, and we've finished well clear of the top flight relegation places since we won promotion. I use it to our advantage because we go into most games as the underdog so there's no pressure on us to get a result. The board want us to stay clear of the drop, which is very achievable, we'll probably finish about 14th again.

Archived