How to change team name? FMRTE?

Hi Richie,

I don't know if it works with FMRTE but I doubt it. The best way to change club names is by editing or adding one .lnc file in FM's installation path. In my case it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\lnc\all\" and not update-1120, possibly because I started the save before applying the second patch. Those files work with already existing saves so you don't need to start a new game and load a database file to apply the changes, a simple restart of the game should suffice. The fm-wiki shows you the syntax for all possible changes and you only need an ID for it which you can easily obtain by activating them in the game preferences (display & sound: show unique id's).

That being said, I'd look for an existing community-based fix because that will already contain lots of changes to make your game feel more authentic. I dare not post a link though, because it's unlikely to be allowed here on the official forums.

You cannot use FMRTE to change Team or Stadia names, Ruci/ BraCa (Creator) has said that the game uses different parts of the database to load up team and stadia names. All the players ect... come from a part of the database that is accessible.

You can use a LNC file to sort your problem out as it can been added to your current game. No need to start afresh Click here: http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=EDT,_DDT_and_LNC_Files#LNC_Files

Archived