What a crazy world the FM11 AI Manager Hiring system is!!

Currently I am playing as Lecce in the Serie A, and at eight hundred and eighty-something days a I am the 3rd longest serving manager in the Serie A, with the (whatever his name is, Gasperoni, perhaps) Atalanta Manager leading the Serie A longevity charts with 1130 or something. Since I took over, Roma, Juventus, Milan, Inter, Genoa and Udinese have not had the same manager for more than a season.

This I find the funniest thing though - The latest Inter manager to be sacked Pasquale Marino (whoever he is!?) was let go about 2 weeks ago in my game. My name was linked with the post (I was very pleased, however I would not openly disprespect Lecce by applying or declaring an interest) and thought that perhaps now I would be bumped up to a world class team. But no, they hired....now wait for it....

Tony Pulis. Who was Spurs manager. Spurs (in all fairness, a Champions League winning team) then replaced him with....

Steve Bruce! :thup:

I would just LOVE to be a fly on the wall of the boardroom when the directors came to these decisions!!

Also, Brian Laws is the manager of Liverpool :confused:

Anyone else had crazy managers being hired by teams??

countless number of times...

sometimes i'll just go back to an old save to laugh at some of the managerial hirings...

e.g. alex fergusan retiring then united hiring the united legend that is...micheal owen...then to sack him after 2 months and hire...mick macarthy!

In my game:

Youth coach with no managerial experience what so ever in charge of Chelsea, then Sam Allardyce

Benni McCarthy in charge of Man U

Craig Bellamy in charge of Pompey

Phil Brown, Spurs

Miroslave Klose, Birmingham

Raffa back at Liverpool

List goes on. This years game is as bad as i can remember for shocking appointments. Praying the final patch addresses this.

In my game:

Youth coach with no managerial experience what so ever in charge of Chelsea, then Sam Allardyce

Benni McCarthy in charge of Man U

Craig Bellamy in charge of Pompey

Phil Brown, Spurs

Miroslave Klose, Birmingham

Raffa back at Liverpool

List goes on. This years game is as bad as i can remember for shocking appointments. Praying the final patch addresses this.

Yet, it is stupid hard for us to get better jobs unless you already started with a big club or set your reputation high when stating your save.

Archived