Help!!!!! Manchester United Board Announces new Stadium...... Losing Old Trafford....

How can you groundshare at a ground that you are still building, with your own team?

It's a bug, but luckily one that you only have to live with for an in-game season.

This feature of having a stadium named after us is actually a bit annoying.

Do we really need it in the game?

It happens to so many people and we here it so much that it's all a bit boring really

I agree, i dislike it personally. It's ok if you have taken a club from bottom to top, but taking over a major club and having the stadium named after you is silly.

I agree, i dislike it personally. It's ok if you have taken a club from bottom to top, but taking over a major club and having the stadium named after you is silly.

Especially a living manager who is still at the club lol!

I know it's only a quirky little feature for a bit of fun, but gets on my tats a bit!

I love the stadium naming thing. I've never had one but I'm hoping to one day soon!

Don't you have to be a club legend to get a stadium named after you? That's pretty hard to get in the first instance. Then you have to build your club up so that it has the money and is selling out its current stadium every week. So surely not that easy? Takes some dedication, right?

I love the stadium naming thing. I've never had one but I'm hoping to one day soon!

Don't you have to be a club legend to get a stadium named after you? That's pretty hard to get in the first instance. Then you have to build your club up so that it has the money and is selling out its current stadium every week. So surely not that easy? Takes some dedication, right?

If you are elegible for it after 10 years as Man Utd manager then it's pretty easy and boring

Not really. It's pretty easy. Except I have a stuck up board at Lazio. I'm actually putting it down to that I have a 85m loan that expires in 2029 - so waiting till then to see if the board ease up. But I did get 87m in TV rights, so they could have easily used that to pay off the loan. Stupid idiots not getting a variable rate I suppose :)

But stadium thing is pretty easy.

I've taken St. Albans City from the Blue Square South to the Premier League. This is on FM10.

So far, I've won:

Blue Square South (2012)

Blue Square Premier (2014)

Coca-Cola League Two (2015)

League Cup (2024, 2025)

FA Cup (2021, 2023, 2024)

Premier League (2024)

Champions League (2025)

You can read about the save here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/198105-FM10-When-The-Saints-Go-Marching-In-Crouchy-s-Mighty-Saints-Save!

1. Why on earth would they name a stadium after you if you're still there, it's usually in memory of someone surely. Maybe this needs changing?

2. What on erth have you done to become man utd's best manager in 20 years??

Can't stand that stadium being named after you crap it doesn't really happen that much these days anyway, stadiums are just named after areas they are in or the sponsor of the ground that should be enough for it or call it 'New' Old Trafford or something like that. Or name it after a proper legendary player/manger if they are going to do that. I think Man Utd would call there stadium after Busby or Fergie before yourself in reality

I have heard on here (on fm10) that if you have a nickname on yourself when you get a stadium that the stadium will be named as the nickname rather than your original name.... so maybe if you reload it and nickname yourself Old Trafford :) (as long as the stadium is renamed after you)

I have heard on here (on fm10) that if you have a nickname on yourself when you get a stadium that the stadium will be named as the nickname rather than your original name.... so maybe if you reload it and nickname yourself Old Trafford :) (as long as the stadium is renamed after you)

Yeah, it does. The "X42bn6 Stadium" (capital-x :mad:) doesn't really sound that appealing, though...

I personally think we should get to choose the name.

The main problem for me is that they've named you as their greatest manager. You can't have surpassed Fergie in that time, as much as I dislike the guy. It seems to name it after you if you've had success at the club, and are still there. Which annoys me.

On last years game I had a save with Liverpool who I took over in 2021 and left in 2029 at the end of my contract, and I was still a legend at the club after winning the league each season and other comps at least 4 times each. Their next manager, a regen retired player, won everything in his next 2 seasons, fair play to him. They then build a new stadium(which I'd been asking for for YEARS, and had been so shrewd in the transfer market that we had 800million in the bank and at one point had money taken away and invested by the board), and named it after him, calling him the teams greatest ever manager. I wouldn't have minded if they'd not named it after me. I minded because if they were naming it after a great, I'm greater than him. Shankly, Paisley, Fagan all would have been greater than him. 110000 seater as well. Buggers.

How can you groundshare at a ground that you are still building, with your own team?

I had the same message when my new stadium with Braga was announced, I actually still played at my original stadium until the new stadium was completed. Just a news bug.

There was some discussion a while back for new stadium names to be chosen from a pre-defined list supplied by the clubs researcher, ie. names of local boroughs, towns, villages etc.

If i recall correctly though, there was some practical problems, namely the extra work it'll take to supply names :D

Yes, it is.

Haven't tried it myself, but a user over the greek fmforums managed to do it that way! ;)

Perhaps someone can get a hold of his .Inc file so someone could look at it and learn how to change stadium names. I would certainly be very interested in changing some of the crappy names they give to the new builds

There was some discussion a while back for new stadium names to be chosen from a pre-defined list supplied by the clubs researcher, ie. names of local boroughs, towns, villages etc.

If i recall correctly though, there was some practical problems, namely the extra work it'll take to supply names :D

Here is the thread you might be referring to. A lot of good suggestions in there and its frustrating to see SI have completely ignored them.

Perhaps someone can get a hold of his .Inc file so someone could look at it and learn how to change stadium names. I would certainly be very interested in changing some of the crappy names they give to the new builds

He wanted to change Liverpool's stadium name, as the new one was named Torres Park (hahahaha :p )

So, the solution he posted was to add to the db/all folder (the db you're using in that particular save) a new .lnc with the line:

"STADIUM_NAME_CHANGE" 2023200579 "Gerrard Park" ""

Being an utter noob in lnc and all that, I assume that the number was Liverpool's ID.

So, maybe adding a line like the above, with ManUtd's ID and the desired stadium name would do the trick?

• SI Staff

The note about the ground-share on the last line of the news item is just a cosmetic bug in the news item. It is displaying a line that is meant for some other stadium expansion news and shouldn't be shown in this case. It will be fixed in the next patch.

He wanted to change Liverpool's stadium name, as the new one was named Torres Park (hahahaha :p )

So, the solution he posted was to add to the db/all folder (the db you're using in that particular save) a new .lnc with the line:

Being an utter noob in lnc and all that, I assume that the number was Liverpool's ID.

So, maybe adding a line like the above, with ManUtd's ID and the desired stadium name would do the trick?

I think the number refers to the stadium id, not the club id.

1. Why on earth would they name a stadium after you if you're still there, it's usually in memory of someone surely. Maybe this needs changing?

The Madejski Stadium, DW Stadium?

Pret's point still stands. The examples you've given are for chairman, who have presumably heavily financed the new stadium. I can't think of a club that has named their stadium after a manager whilst they're still in charge.

There's still involved with the club though, it isn't named in their memories. Given that most managers who get a new stadium will almost certainly have worked hard to sort out the club's finances, you could argue that they've done as much for the construction of the stadium as a businessman who gives the club a loan for it.

The real flaw in my argument was suggesting that two examples refuted a claim with "usually" in it.

It's a new thing - with new "technologies" your training facilities are no longer top notch - therefore they are downgraded from being Super to Very Good. And you have to request the training facilities be upgraded.

In the last FM I think you suped up the training facilities quite quickly and they never deterioated over time, this way you have to keep investing in your training ground and things to keep them top notch.

Why have your facilities been downgraded in the next news item?

It's just a message to say the training/youth facilities are outdated now as theres been new advancements in training "technologies", hence downgraded, not linked to the Stadium :)

Edit: beaten to it ;)

Well....

I won 7 ECC out of 12 in my career, 4 league cups, 3 FA cups, 9 PL..... In one way or other I have became a legend of the Club..... (Maybe that's the reason they named it after me, Does the Nickname system works... I would have Liked "Theater of Dreams" instead of My Name)

Money wise... I am in excellent condition... Scouting over 400-600 youths every season using my 18 scouts.... Getting training them and selling them only after they are 20 at 1.6-1.8 times their original Price.... Sometimes I do have to bribe the agents.....

Facilities are downgraded because the club is not using the latest technology that have developed over the time... and must invest money to become top class again...

They're the owners though aren't they, not the managers? And not only that, but they're the ones who paid for the stadiums too!

I live 20 minutes away from Reading, so I know a lot of their fans and a few have told me the stadium shouldn't of been named after him at all. He sold Elm Park for more than the Madejski cost and even then he only invested a pittance of cash into the build. Apparently it was the council amongst other investment that paid the most for the new ground to be constructed.

Whether this is true or not I can't say but it's something I have heard many people around the area claim to be true.

Cool just need someone to tell me how to create an .Inc file now so if this happens in the future I can fix it.

Archived