signing players from usa!

Anyone else having problems signing player from usa? i have scouted a striker who is canadian but i playing for thunder bay. when you go onto his profile there is no option to make an offer but you can do everything else ie have him scouted, talk to press. you can make offers for players who play for mls teams np but it just seems that players who play for teams outside the mls you cant make offers for. i have done a search on the forum before and could not find the answer i was looking for so i wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.

cheers

Anyone else having problems signing player from usa? i have scouted a striker who is canadian but i playing for thunder bay. when you go onto his profile there is no option to make an offer but you can do everything else ie have him scouted, talk to press. you can make offers for players who play for mls teams np but it just seems that players who play for teams outside the mls you cant make offers for. i have done a search on the forum before and could not find the answer i was looking for so i wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem.

cheers

I generally don't buy American, but does another team own the rights to this player? This is a common practise in North American sports where a team owns the rights to a player meaning no one can sign him whilst under contract or until they release those rights.

thanks for all the reply's

yeah i am in the transfer window this is a new game i have just started and i am signing other players just cant sign this one. he is not co-owned by anyone else either. i dont ever get to the wp stage just cant make a bid for the player. i think manworker is right they have to be drafted by a mls team or get to a certain age before anyone outside the usa can sign them. so annoying if that is the case. the sooner i can sign him the sooner i can send him to belgium to start his 3 year stint to get a belgium passport. but all i can do is keep checking on him.

thanks again for the help.

Archived