Brian Clough, Greatest Manager England Never Had

After watching Damned United, I had a ' I wonder ' moment...

I'd love to create a save with the Human manager as Brian Clough, play a 'what if' scenario for this legendary manager as if he was still with us today. Go back to Forest, Derby or maybe even Leeds?

And see if you can get the England job, something Clough never acheived despite all his success, particularly with the great Forest side.

It would be great to manage as Clough did himself, be outspoken in the media, charismatic, and take nothing from anyone...

Would be a great challenge over in the sign up forums maybe?

After watching Damned United, I had a ' I wonder ' moment...

I'd love to create a save with the Human manager as Brian Clough, play a 'what if' scenario for this legendary manager as if he was still with us today. Go back to Forest, Derby or maybe even Leeds?

And see if you can get the England job, something Clough never acheived despite all his success, particularly with the great Forest side.

It would be great to manage as Clough did himself, be outspoken in the media, charismatic, and take nothing from anyone...

Would be a great challenge over in the sign up forums maybe?

As brilliant as Brian Clough was he wasn't half as good without Peter Taylor by his side.

Uncalled for.

As cruyff14 has said Clough wasn't as good with Taylor not there. Just look at Leeds and possibly Forest when Taylor 'retired'.

Such a shame they never healed the rift.

"To Peter. Still miss you badly. You once said: 'When you get shot of me there won't be as much laughter in your life'. You were right" - Brian Clough

Such a shame they never healed the rift.

"To Peter. Still miss you badly. You once said: 'When you get shot of me there won't be as much laughter in your life'. You were right" - Brian Clough

It is. Brian went to the funeral. Although I read the Nottingham paper and there was a bit from Viv Andersons book, I think and they still spoke. So the rift wasn't as bad. If I read it right. Still sad though.

It is. Brian went to the funeral. Although I read the Nottingham paper and there was a bit from Viv Andersons book, I think and they still spoke. So the rift wasn't as bad. If I read it right. Still sad though.

I'm not sure either now you have said that. I know when they done a television program about him last year was it? I seem to remember Brian's wife Barbara saying that it always played on Brian's mind that they had never made up, and he regretted that he would never be able to after Peter's death.

I also found this on a website another source claiming the rift was never healed -

"When the assistant coach at Forest telephoned Clough to inform him of Taylor's death, he did not say anything and put the phone down. He allegedly cried heavily after this and his bad feeling over the unreconciled rift increased Clough's already heavy drinking."

It was a great movie!

In some way Mourinho resembles Clough, but only his charisma, player management, and press conferences

The names Brian Clough and Jose Mourinho dont even deserve to be on the same forum

on topic, i have done this, used the name Brian Clough, uploaded his photo etc and won the CL 6 times with forrest

Archived