dodging education fees

Last night I tried to offer a contract to a player (I manage a fully amateur club in dutch 4th tier). He agreed to an amateur contract, but there was a couple of thousand euro's fee to his current club (small print above the 'finalise' button, I guess for education or something, he was on an amateur contract there aswell), so it couldnt be done as my club has no funds for this ('finalise' button greyed out).

Then I started hitting some buttons. I think it went something like this: First I hit the 'use existing terms' button, so my amateur offer appeared again, 'suggest terms' after that made the small print in red appear, greyed out 'finalise deal' again as was expected. But then I hit 'reset changes', which made the 'finalise deal' button active again, and made the print saying I had to pay the club some money disappear. So I finalised the deal and 'exit talks'.

The next news message that followed was "Player "x" agrees to new "my club" deal", seemingly to announce the player had extended his contract at my club, while I actually just 'bought' him on a free. No complaints here, I managed to get some fine players in that I wouldnt be able to afford otherwise, but I guess it is pretty strange and not how things are supposed to work. I did it several times and never failed.

But then again, the fact that I had to pay some fee to a club at which the players contract had ran out (or was on an amateur contract) is kind of odd in the first place maybe.

It might be due to the additional league extension I used, but if this happens in SI made leagues I guess this would make a bug. Anyone tried this and got the same results?

Archived