How do you choose your name?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use my real name, but I've been known to make up Spanish or Italian names to manage in those countries, as the desire to use my own name is over-ridden by the unlikelihood of a rookie Englishman with no foreign language skills getting a job abroad.

I use my name for the main club i'm at. David Beckham for my England manager despite the fact he's still in my England team at the beginning of the game. Any others which are added for whatever reason are usually named after famous people or tv characters that i like

It's always felt weird for me to use my own name, considering the FM universe is like an alternative reality that I would never be part of. Plus, past FMs were restricted to male-only managers, so I've always used this one male character who's got his own backstory and everything.

And he's nice looking and drives a Ferrari. :D

It's always felt weird for me to use my own name, considering the FM universe is like an alternative reality that I would never be part of. Plus, past FMs were restricted to male-only managers, so I've always used this one male character who's got his own backstory and everything.

And he's nice looking and drives a Ferrari. :D

Does he have an exotic name?

If I ever did use my own name, I'd probably create a backstory along the lines of winning a Jim'll Fix It-style competition, and it turned out I was so awesome, the club kicked out their current manager. :p

Haha! Made me chuckle. :thup:

I choose weird names that may potentially amuse me in the game. Currently, Gassy Donkey, so its like [news item] Donkey chases Player X. Yeah, I'm easily amused. hehe

or like here

Gassy Donkey?! Haha! :D

Edit: Nice blog, btw. Going to give it a read from the beginning. :thup:

as i often add myself into the game my manager name is 'Alter Ego'

please note if i catch anyone else using it i will hunt you down and abuse your cat ;)

Just started using Alter Ego, can I just clarify the cat thing, as I have 2 cats and would like to choose which you get to abuse.;)

Regards

Mr A Ego

Gassy Donkey?! Haha! :D

Edit: Nice blog, btw. Going to give it a read from the beginning. :thup:

Thanks. I decided, after playing this game so long, I had never ever recorded anything ever. So much time, all gone. Screen caps lost in old PC's but nothing else. So the blog is my way to record what I'm doing in 11, one day I look back and enjoy the fancy youtube clips. :D

Archived