Should I Wait?

I'm a big fan of the Football Manager series and by them every year, but this year I had some important Uni exams in January that I wanted to focus on so havn't got FM11 yet.

Now I've got some time on my hands I'm going to buy it, but I expect there will be a patch out soon for the January transfers plus other bits and bobs.

Should I buy it now or wait until the patch is released? (I usually start with a long term save)

Thanks.

Definitely wait for the patch to be released, you should then be able to buy it in the budget bins saving you a few quid.

There are some serious problems with the game right now, and a lot of people on the forums have already stated they do not intend to be buying the game on the release date anymore but will instead wait until the final patch is out before coughing up the money.

The patch might be a month away going by past history...

Generally I start a smaller game with a biggish club before the game is fully patched to get a 'feel' for the new version and its features... then I start a proper career game once the final patch is out.

Generally I start a smaller game with a biggish club before the game is fully patched to get a 'feel' for the new version and its features... then I start a proper career game once the final patch is out.

This!! It's exactly what i'm (and a few others i know) are doing, little frustrating waiting but i only started 11 this month so haven't had as long to wait as some!!

Archived