Preventing injuries

This isn't a rant about there being too many injuries in the game; there may well be, but it is what it is, so what I'd like to know is how to minimise the chance of my players picking up injuries.

I've had 5 or 6 first teamers picking up injuries of 2 to 6 months in the last game month, and to say it's making my life tricky is an understatement.

Assuming that these injuries aren't just randomly handed out to players by the game (although I'm not totally discounting that!), is there anything I can do to prevent this kind of thing? Should I be getting better fitness coaches? Improving the training facilities? Or just stop walking under ladders and smashing mirrors...?

It's not something that has bothered me on FM11. If you have reasonable training schedules that don't overwork them, have the highest quality fitness coaches for your club, buy players with good natural fitness and stamina, take them off when they are green crossed in matches and have the maximum amount of physios your clubs allows there is nothing more you can do.

I wonder if using 'normal' tackling instead of 'hard' has any effect on injuries? IRL if you're always flying into challenges you not only run the risk of injuring opposition players but yourself as well! What about the 'dives into tackles' PPM?

Archived