Most enjoyable South American league?

Usually start off in either the English non-leagues or Eastern Europe, so have decided to switch it up a bit when 11.3 is released by going for a South American team.

What are peoples experiences with the leagues, whats the quality like outside of Brazil and Argentina? Are they any unique or frustrating league structures? Are agent as prevalent as the top European leagues?

Clearly Brazil is the most popular but I'd prefer something different, might have a go at either Uruguay or Colombia. Thoughts?

Usually start off in either the English non-leagues or Eastern Europe, so have decided to switch it up a bit when 11.3 is released by going for a South American team.

What are peoples experiences with the leagues, whats the quality like outside of Brazil and Argentina? Are they any unique or frustrating league structures? Are agent as prevalent as the top European leagues?

Clearly Brazil is the most popular but I'd prefer something different, might have a go at either Uruguay or Colombia. Thoughts?

I've done the Colombian leagues since FM08 because I find it more of a challenge. I've also done the Argentinian & Mexican leagues & they're all good in their own way. If you try to get teams promoted in Argentina/Mexico, they have this average points rule that adds to the challenge of a newly promoted side. But I found you can't really go wrong with the SA leagues as they are all pretty much even.

I've done the Colombian leagues since FM08 because I find it more of a challenge. I've also done the Argentinian & Mexican leagues & they're all good in their own way. If you try to get teams promoted in Argentina/Mexico, they have this average points rule that adds to the challenge of a newly promoted side. But I found you can't really go wrong with the SA leagues as they are all pretty much even.

Sounds intriguing, can you elaborate on this?

Sounds intriguing, can you elaborate on this?

Basically, I think its a 3 season points average. 2 Previous and the current one. Basically if you got a team promoted that hadn't been in the league above before then you don't have an average. But the rest of the division does. Bottom place is relegation on points average, but I got relegated even though I was three places above it but because they performed better the previous 2 seasons they had higher average points than my total.

Colombian leagues don't carry this as they have another method. Relegation is on points just like Europe. But to win their leagues, finishing top means nothing. The top 8 teams go to a group stage of 2 groups & the group winners compete for the league title. This happens every 6 months to determine who go to the Continental comp for that time.

I don't know about the other Sudamericana leagues, but I'm sure they have some sort of twists. If you have any of these leagues loaded on your saves, have a look at them as I don't think I've made much sense?

These 3 leagues are fun but I'll recommend the Colombian ahead of the other two.

Basically, I think its a 3 season points average. 2 Previous and the current one. Basically if you got a team promoted that hadn't been in the league above before then you don't have an average. But the rest of the division does. Bottom place is relegation on points average, but I got relegated even though I was three places above it but because they performed better the previous 2 seasons they had higher average points than my total.

Colombian leagues don't carry this as they have another method. Relegation is on points just like Europe. But to win their leagues, finishing top means nothing. The top 8 teams go to a group stage of 2 groups & the group winners compete for the league title. This happens every 6 months to determine who go to the Continental comp for that time.

I don't know about the other Sudamericana leagues, but I'm sure they have some sort of twists. If you have any of these leagues loaded on your saves, have a look at them as I don't think I've made much sense?

These 3 leagues are fun but I'll recommend the Colombian ahead of the other two.

I've never managed in South America, but it does sound like something that would be enjoyable. Thanks for the clarification, it made perfect sense.

I once had a stint in the Brazilian leagues, started off in the 3rd division, and winning the state championship a couple of years running gives your team a decent cash intake, and then promotion from the third division is obviously the main target. It's difficult as there are so many divisions that then go to a knockout stage, and there are some pretty big teams in the running. In 5-6 years I got into the 1st division, but finished rock bottom. Was the most enjoyable save to date, and havent managed to replicate anything near that since :/

Thanks, any recommendations for Colombian teams? Are there any mid-range teams with good youth facilities, I fancy building an average side to Copa Libertadores glory.

In division 1 you've got quite a selection. There's Once Caldes, Deportivo Cali, Millionarios, Junior & Santa Fe. I've always had battles with them for titles. Any of those would be a good place to start if you wanted to dive straight in to the Continental comps.

Division 2 is also a good place to start. I currently have an Atletico La Sabana save going & they are a little challenge since they have a 25k stadium & struggle to get 1500 people! The Colombian leagues are suprisingly even I've found. Any team can have a good or bad season & can be unpredicatible. The only problem with Division 2 is that there is currently no relegation, but SI is looking into this & are hoping to correct via the 11.3 patch.

If you need any help or have questions about Colombia or the players, I can help.:thup:

Archived