Manager of the Year

What decides who wins manager of the year?

I won the Premier League by 8 points. I went throught the league unbeaten.

However I came second in the manager of the year awards.

Arsenal manager Laudrup won with a win ratio of 71%, 69 goals, 29 conceded and 1253 manager points.

I had a win ratio of 74%, 74 goals and 18 conceded, yet i only have 879 manager points.

Why does Laudrup have more manager points than me?

I don't think other comps count because I won the comm shield, the world club cup and the League cup. I am also in the final of the FA Cup and Champion League (besides the award was given before the FA cup and Champions League finals).

As for over achieving Arsenal came second the previous two years and won the league three years ago. The media prediction was 3rd place so they only slightly over achieved.

i had this one season! won the league for the first time with stoke (in my 5th season i think and was predicted to finish 7th) and the FA cup yet lost out on manager of the year to the manager of arsenal at the time (im pretty sure it was Nuno Gomez, his first year of management) even though they finished 5th after having previously won the league the year before and being purchased by a tycoon the summer after! slightly bemusing!

I don't bother with manager interaction or press conferences. I have noticed that I won 2 manager of the month awards while laudrup has won 4.

IRL the award is voted on by other managers but I was just wondering how the computer decides it.

I thin there must be somesort of club expectation/reputation vs league position thing going on. I won manager of the with Oldham having finished 6th when predicted 20th.

Didnt get it when i finished 3rd a year later (predicted 9th)

And won it again the season after winnig the title (predicted 5th)

Archived