Question about training youth

Had two young guys at celtic for years. They are currently both 22, with CA of 165 each but both have PA of over 190. Training seems to be going well, but CA doesn't really seem to be moving. Or if it is, very slowly.

Are the guys gonna develop more or will there CA stay around its current level?

Had two young guys at celtic for years. They are currently both 22, with CA of 165 each but both have PA of over 190. Training seems to be going well, but CA doesn't really seem to be moving. Or if it is, very slowly.

Are the guys gonna develop more or will there CA stay around its current level?

yeh i have had the same problem...

i have a couple of good people about ca of 160 and pa of 180-190 and they have been playing first team football for a couple of years (still under 22) and they dont really seam to develop much at all. Maybe there ca goes up about 1 every 3-6 months.

I think in this case, playing the youngsters too much might result in stunting thier growth and development. I think its best to play them for 3 games and then rest for 3 on and off for most of the season.

Have you been over-playing them? Not sure exactly if this would hold their ability back but I get more success from the youngsters I just give brief appearances in my first team. Although I cant say for definite if they are reaching their PA as I don't use FM scout or the likes.

Could it be that the Scottish league isn't as high a standard as the best leagues in the game? So not playing against the best that they can in the world means they won't reach their potential? That is a contributing factor in the game isn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hoppie00:

Could it be that the Scottish league isn't as high a standard as the best leagues in the game? So not playing against the best that they can in the world means they won't reach their potential? That is a contributing factor in the game isn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How bad you think the Scottish league is lol? It won't be the league as my youngsters are developing well for my Celtic team.

I give my youngsters a handful of games a season. Uusally FA/league cup games and the odd home game against weaker opposition. Maybe 8-10 first team games a season if they are under 19.

With good training facilities (rank of 15/20 or more), your players should be able to squeeze out possibly 10-15 points over the next 2 years, before slowly getting to their target. Alessio Cerci is 22 for me and has gained 10 current ability points this season, and is 145/175 at the moment, so I'm thinking 160/175 is a realistic target as he's injury-prone.

I wrote something here which doesn't apply to you but will give you a head-start if you decide to do the same with more youngsters: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/4982007304

With good training facilities (rank of 15/20 or more), your players should be able to squeeze out possibly 10-15 points over the next 2 years, before slowly getting to their target. Alessio Cerci is 22 for me and has gained 10 current ability points this season, and is 145/175 at the moment, so I'm thinking 160/175 is a realistic target as he's injury-prone.

I wrote something here which doesn't apply to you but will give you a head-start if you decide to do the same with more youngsters: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/4982007304

• 1 year later...

This is something I've been looking into lately, as I had the same problem with some players not reaching their potential(while at the same time others were), despite top training facilities, regular first team action and top coaches. I read a few posts, then got an app that lets you see hidden attributes and hey presto! Low professionalism in all the underachievers(12 or below seems to be bad.) I've experimented since, and tutoring is a great way to raise professionalism-obviously the tutor has to be high in it in the first place. Bad news for the players you are concerned about though, as the ability to tutor seems to cut off when they reach approx 140-150 CA.

Also, as far I can tell, if a player's professional attribute is high enough, he can still improve even into his late twenties.

Archived