Why does no one bid for or enquire about my players?

I have had this problem over a few versions, but this is by far the worst.

As a background, I'm ten seasons in. During this time I've taken Worksop Town to League 2, Shrewsbury Town from League 2 to the Premiership, and am currently about to finish 3rd in my first full season as QPR manager in the Championship, heading into the playoffs.

During this time I've obviously had a lot of promising players, particularly young players. I get messages pretty every day where managers praise my players, or speculation teams are going to make a bid, and for the last 5-6 seasons, have always had at least four or five players 'wanted' by multiple clubs, usually more.

However, the only bids I have had on a player in ten seasons are when I've offered players out that I don't need. As a couple of examples...

1) Once promoted into League 1 with Shrewsbury, I signed a centre-half who was released by Man United at the age of 18. he was a currently England u21 international, and proceeded to be my player of the year as I was promoted to the Championship, then again the next season as I finished 7th. I left the Shrewsbury job to take over QPR at 13th in the Premiership, and he was my best performer up until then. An absolute rock at the back, scored 8-10 a season from set pieces, only 22 when I left the club, always in the media as an apparent replacement for various aging defenders. But never so much as an enquiry, let alone a bid.

2) In my two seasons in the Championship, I had a Congolese regen striker. He had scored 30 goals in league 2 for Shrewsbury and I took a chance on him in the Championship. He scored 51 league goals in two CCC seasons, and had six in the EPL by the time I left the club. At only 24 years of age, no bids and no inquiries for him.

3) Currently in my QPR team, I have a 19 year old Ghanian international. He has scored 30 goals and created another 15 in his first season in english football, and has apparently caught of the eye of clubs like Milan, Liverpool, Dynamo Kyev and a host of lower EPL clubs. Come January, I'm bracing myself to lose him (as he already had 20 goals). Yet not even an inquiry.

Anyone else have this trouble? While it's good as I don't fear losing players I develop, I also want a sense of realism, and I don't even have clubs inquiring about promising players, let alone bidding. However I consistently see clubs around me selling players for far more than their value, both to EPL clubs and foreign clubs.

Thats a good question i have never really thought about it but you are right. I seem to have plenty of players who have a wanted icon next to them and messages after games telling me that managers from other teams have attended the game looking at those players but i never get any enquires or bids for them unless i offer them to clubs, this can't be right. It would be interesting to see what other people have to say on this topic.

Agree, this years is pretty bad. I've had a few bids for players, but still not enough to make it realistic. Even when AI clubs bid for my players, the bids are pathetically low, often lower than what I bought them for in the first place and these players then become my key players, and teams think I will be willing to make a loss on them!

Hopefully SI are looking into this ahead of the final patch? But for the love of science nobody ask when that will be released. :p

Good question OP.

Why does the computer not bid for my players?

Why do I have to offer them out to get a bid?

Why then, are all the bids identical AND for the face value?

To call it AI is a bit of an overstatement. You can simply cash in your token when you wish.

It is somewhat relaxed in regards to player contracts at the moment. You don't get the kind of pressure from the big boys that clubs in real life get. In real life once a player has established himself as being a good prospect for the future they are almost hounded by the press with them constantly being linked with moves to bigger clubs. That speculation often results in bids. Look at the Charlie Adam situation in real life, lots of media, lots of pressure on Blackpool and although they kept him until the summer it can't have pleased him too much.

On the game I'm Everton and bar low speculative bids for high PA youngsters you just don't ever receive bids for players. I've got Rakitic in my side and he has unbelievable stats, a 4 times Premier League winner and 2 European cups etc. He has been wanted by Real Madrid for 4 years and more recently Milan have been talking him up in the press. Despite this I've never had a bid for him and I only just realised he's got a £5m minimum fee clause (I signed him on a free and didn't realise he was so good).

I've also got Jack Rodwell maxing out his potential, captain of Everton and England, 35 England caps at 23 etc. No bids at all. In real life clubs like Chelsea and Manchester United would be all over a quality English player at a club like Everton.

What makes it most noticeable is that Everton are doing very poorly financially on the game and would clearly not be in a position to turn down bids if it were real life. There would be constant media pressure about it.

Agree that there are very few inquiries about players but I, personally, appreciate this. There's nothing more annoying than having constant approaches for your players that you have to rebuff & then the same player wants a new contract. Be careful what you wish for!!!

Far, far, worse bug than this one is the almost complete lack of inquiries for good players that you put on the transfer list (because you've got better ones). I have had some very good players valued at 1mm+ that I've been reduced to offering for zero fee (in order to free up some wage-roll) & still no flaming offers! This is a serious bug IMHO.

Do hope it gets addressed in next patch!

This is the one thing that annoys me with the game, I have the best striker in the world imo and man city and sampdoria are interested but no one ever makes a bid, im in 2021 btw. I did have 1 bid for the player, and he is valued at 19.25mil and thats what they offered, so bit stupid!

I think this is right, it never really occured to me, but in years of FM I never had serious bids for my players. Not even when I put them on the transfer list. I guess I was so happy I could keep my best players at the club that I didnt realise how unrealistic this is.. The only risk of losing them was when they wouldnt exend their contract, so I had to offer them to clubs or let them walk out for free.

I had best players lured to bigger clubs in FM11, but that was when I managed a fully amateur club. And that was buggy too. I could actually offer them a new amateur-contract which they would always accept, rejecting the interested club in the process. In this way I managed to have my best left-winger stay on a €0 contract, rejecting Derby County (and I take it they didnt offer him an amateur contract). When I left the club end of season he did move to Derby in the end, couple of thousands euro's a week contract.

It is somewhat relaxed in regards to player contracts at the moment. You don't get the kind of pressure from the big boys that clubs in real life get. In real life once a player has established himself as being a good prospect for the future they are almost hounded by the press with them constantly being linked with moves to bigger clubs. That speculation often results in bids. Look at the Charlie Adam situation in real life, lots of media, lots of pressure on Blackpool and although they kept him until the summer it can't have pleased him too much.

the top top players should always be on manager's shortlists (or whatever they use when setting up games to begin with), if thats what the game uses to say who buys who.

if im barca, i should a) expect constant speculation about my team with bids etc but also to go with it loyal players will brush off constant AI bidding/buttering up (xavi/puyol?) whilst others will jump at every opportunity (im thinking maybe balotelli?) to move clubs for money etc.

60 Million for a regen AMR (used in squad rotation, asking price 30M) who has one of the highest PA in my team (176)) and played very well the season before. I entered negotiations. If R. Madrid pays 70 Mill. he can go (which will be a sad moment for me as a manager, but a happy moment for the club)

60 Million for a regen AMR (used in squad rotation, asking price 30M) who has one of the highest PA in my team (176)) and played very well the season before. I entered negotiations. If R. Madrid pays 70 Mill. he can go (which will be a sad moment for me as a manager, but a happy moment for the club)

Why does the AI even bid more than the asking price? Or do you mean market value?

Market value was 17.5, I set an asking price of 30M (actually I wasn't keen on selling the player). Then the news said "Mourinho chases [name]" and I replied "I will only sell him at the right price". So Madrid offered 60M. They paid 72M in the end. Excellent player though, nearly everything >15.

I've had Man City enquire about McEchran and Barcelona enquire on a few of my youth players. But they do tend to avoid players who have already reached their potential for whatever reason.

Agreed. All the big clubs always wanting to buy my youth players who hasn't reached their potential, but once they reached their potential around age 24 or so, everyone stop asking. They just don't seem to be interested in an established players, perhaps?? :-D

Most annoyingly I never get a good offer. I sold a left back who was good (just not as good as my new one) for his value £4.7m. I put sell on clause in. 18 months later, playing at 6.72 he gets a £15.75m move. He was playing worse and got an amazing move. My players only ever get sold for their market value. It needs sorting.

Archived