First true fm11 heartbreak .

Having a medicore season with Bolton Wanderers, its my first ever season on a pc footy manager and im around 14th 15th. But I've had an extremly lucky cup draw, drawing non prem sides until the quaters, which i then got West Ham then West Brom in the semi's, two teams I could beat, which I did well before meeting Chelsea in the final.

Went in to the match with low expectations, just hoping for a loss not as heavy as my previous 6-0 loss in the league i'd had to them. However, early on, we fought tooth and nail, and though losing heavily on shots and possesion, we were very game oppenents. It was annoying, because even though 16-2 down on shots around the 80th minute, we were denied a clear penalty, and then chelsea took a counter attack that gave them two CCC, which luckily resulted in a corner that we fended off.

In ET, I nearly cried with Joy when a minute into the second half, Zat Knight the super player for me this season, headed home a lovely conversion from a corner. I switched immediatly to contain football, which hadnt come into effect by the time Essien rocketed a goal into the top bag straight after. We had took the current league champions, and current top of the league, to penalties. This was a moral victory for me itself, but after they missed there first two penalties and we scored ours, more false hope came my way. Of course, it was not to be, as Ricketts and Cahil both missed there penalties , leveling us after 5. 1 penalty was scored from each side, before they scored and captain Super Kev, heartbreaking skied his penalty sending us out.

Wow, to get false hope, 3 times in such a high profile - low expectation match was amazing. Lets hope I can replicate my cup sucess next season !

Unlucky with that, but I always find a spirited loss easier to take against bigger teams than a total wipeout. I wish you luck with your Bolton save!

Edit: Also, this is what makes this game brilliant. The fact that the underdog always has a chance is always good to know.

I managed to win the league cup with QPR, beat Man Utd 2-1 lol. They dominated us completely and then came the 80th minute - tbaarbt hit 1 in the 87th. A mistake for O'Shea allowed him to grab his second. We gained promotion also, brilliant stuff man

It's what FM dreams are made of..

I switched immediatly to contain football, which hadnt come into effect by the time Essien rocketed a goal into the top bag straight after.

My biggest complaint about this game. You scored a goal, therefore a long stoppage of play, but somehow couldn't tell your players to now play contain football. I could yell that from the sidelines seconds before the restart is necessary.

Annoying.

First true heartbreak, hmm.. Dag and Redham, CM 03/04, League 2, 2nd season, Promoted first season from Blue Square Premier. I draw Chelsea in the FA Cup. I go in the game not hoping for anything but the big cash I'll get after the game because I was playing away and I was getting 50% of the revenue of the match. But there it was, in the first 15 minutes of the game, a goal for Dag and Redham. What? A fluke I said. I didn't even bother doing lots of tweaks to the tactic. At a time, was still a very big newb. It was my first real career. Until that point I used to play with Chelsea for the lulz, I just picked it because Adrian Mutu was there and THANK GOD I found Chelsea through CM 03/04. I am a proud Chelsea FC fan now.. and I'm not even from England! I don't care, blues forever! Oh yea getting sidetracked, here I was 1-0. Fluke. But was it? In the 60th or something minute there it was: 2-0. YES! YES! Time to defend! ..which I proudly did and the match ended 2-0! Big cash from the game and a win and I'll play a new big team later the season for more big cash? Sign me in. But then oh wait.. Power surge. FML. I played that game over and over about 20 maybe 30 times in hopes that I'll get that sweet victory over my favorite club. Sadly I did not.

Archived