CPU Usage 100%

I'm having a problem with FM that my CPU usage is always at 100%. I normally run it with other things on in the background, but tried it without anything else open and it was still 100%.

I don't understand why it would be, it's a relatively new laptop (less than 5 months), over 200GB free hard drive space, 3GB memory.

Can anyone think why it might be like this, and how can I stop it?

I would suggest that there is a lot of other applications running in the background that perhaps you are not aware of.

Click the windows key/start button and in the search bar type Task Manager, then on the list provided click view running processess with Task Manager, in the list of processes shown are all the applications running and how much Memory they are using.

Umm it says Intel® Celeron® CPU 900 @ 2.20 GHz

Well... thats your problem then. Ive said this to about a million people now - PCs are not like games consols, it doesnt matter if its a year old, brand new or 5 years old - the spec of the computer is what is important.

You have a single core processor at 2.2ghz. The bare minimum to play the game is 2.0ghz (Assuming your are using window vista/7) - this means you are scraping along the bottom of what the game supports and thus, will be restricted in what the game performance can be.

How many leagues are you running?

5 divisions with a medium database....

kettdog;6450713]What are the ramifications of my CPU then? Will the game just run slow or will it cause problems for my computer?

Also is there any way to get a better CPU without getting a new computer?

Well two things can happen - if you choose more leagues (as in massively more leagues) than the computer is capbable of handelling, then the game will simply crash, less and the game will be very very very slow.

Changing the CPU in a laptop - better off bying a new one, it would more than likely be cheaper (if you cant do it yourself)

Does the recommended thingy work like it should, though?

Both before overclocking and after, with 4GB RAM it gives me around 5 countries with apprx 8 leagues to play with. I'm on a Quad 2.66GHz, overclocked to 3.34GHZ

After upgrading the memory to 8GB RAM it's still the same.

When i had a dual core with 2GB RAM, it gave me the same amount on earlier versions.

The amount of countries and leagues mentioned here are not 100% accurate, as i can't remember properly.

But that i can check later today, and come back with.

I really doubt the game would crash because the CPU is too slow; you'll just see it taking a long time between Continue's. If you're not troubled by this I wouldn't worry. You have enough RAM for ~10 playable leagues. Having 100% CPU load isn't really a problem; unless the CPU/cooler is improperly fitted it won't break or cause problems, though you may find a laptop quite noisy as the fan(s) will be constantly spinning at high RPM.

I really doubt the game would crash because the CPU is too slow; you'll just see it taking a long time between Continue's. If you're not troubled by this I wouldn't worry. You have enough RAM for ~10 playable leagues. Having 100% CPU load isn't really a problem; unless the CPU/cooler is improperly fitted it won't break or cause problems, though you may find a laptop quite noisy as the fan(s) will be constantly spinning at high RPM.

It might crash if the CPU is constantly working at 100%; eventually the cooling fan will cease to be effective and the laptop will shut itself off to protect the components...

That's a system crash, not a game crash, but yes, if the CPU overheats the game will definitely stop working. :) No system with proper thermal design will die just from normal - even if intensive - usage at stock clock/volt levels though, so I wouldn't really classify that as a major worry. Temperatures stabilize fairly shortly.

That's a system crash, not a game crash, but yes, if the CPU overheats the system will definitely go down. :) No system with proper thermal design will die just from normal - even if intensive - usage at stock clock/volt levels though, so I wouldn't really classify that as a major worry.

I was speaking from experience - my old laptop regularly crashed while running the game; always during a match in 3D mode. But yes, you're quite correct to draw the distinction between game and system crashes.

My CPU Usage with FM, Itunes and my internet browser running is only at 15%

Although i only have England, France,Germany,Spain and Italy loaded.

I have a quad core mobile processor N930 2 GHz with 4GB of Ram

So its not the best but hardly the worst either.

I would suggest loading less leagues.

Use gamebooster. We had a thread like this some months ago with this problem and game booster was mentioned. I had the problem and used it and it worked wonders. It stops some background applications whilst you play then you can turn it off after

This, great little program to get FM running smoothly on my older laptop.

Archived