No compensation for free transfer of under 24 player?

I bought a talented 18 year old South African GK (regen) for my Danish team giving him a 2½ year contract (couldn't give more). Quickly he became 1st choice and I made him a key player. I tried several times to renegotiate his contract but he wouldn't even talk about renewing even though he enjoyed playing for the club. He has now signed for Newcastle on a free and it looks like I am not compensated. Shouldn't I get some kind of compensation as he is under 24 years old? After all it's my team that has made him the GK he is now...

I bought a talented 18 year old South African GK (regen) for my Danish team giving him a 2½ year contract (couldn't give more). Quickly he became 1st choice and I made him a key player. I tried several times to renegotiate his contract but he wouldn't even talk about renewing even though he enjoyed playing for the club. He has now signed for Newcastle on a free and it looks like I am not compensated. Shouldn't I get some kind of compensation as he is under 24 years old? After all it's my team that has made him the GK he is now...

only if he had been a home grown player, because you bought him i assume just after he turn 18 and he has left before being at the club for 3 years he would never get home grown status, so unfotunately you miss out this time.

only if he had been a home grown player, because you bought him i assume just after he turn 18 and he has left before being at the club for 3 years he would never get home grown status, so unfotunately you miss out this time.

Crap. Thanks for the answer, though.

I just don't get why he didn't want to negotiate a contract. I would be willing to pay him more than 25 times the value of the current contract, but I wasn't allowed to offer him anything - the contract page was all read. His agent had "none" in relation to me so it couldn't be because of bad feelings...

Oh well, guess he is not going to play a game for my club this last ½ season.

One of the SI guys has said the compensation for under 24 players isn't working as expected anyway because of the new agent negotiations.

In previous versions, you could offer Player X a contract and he'd either accept or reject. If he rejected, at least there is a news item saying so, so you'd hope to get compensation.

But in FM11, a player can't really reject a contract offer, you can only negotiate and either come to a deal, or one of you walks away.

I lost Victor Anichebe and James Vaughan for free because i wasn't prepared to meet their wage demands, but did offer them a better contract, which their Agents wouldn't accept.

Archived