Things that can't be done in FM but happen IRL

1- Buying a player that is on loan at a club and coming right away, not only at the end of his loan. This happens a lot. In Portugal many teams sign players that are loaned; they pay the club that has the player on loan a compensatory price, and they pay the player's club the price for the player and the loan ends and he comes to the new club right away.

2- Players that are unhappy or inadapted (sp?) agreeing to a mutual contract termination. This also happens to lots of players, e.g. Cristiano terminated his contract at PAOK to come to Sporting CP. Ricardo the same thing from Betis to Leicester, etc.

I can't do this in FM. If this can be done please enlighten me on how to do it; if it can't be done I suggest this gets implemented for the next year.

1- Buying a player that is on loan at a club and coming right away, not only at the end of his loan. This happens a lot. In Portugal many teams sign players that are loaned; they pay the club that has the player on loan a compensatory price, and they pay the player's club the price for the player and the loan ends and he comes to the new club right away.

You can do this already, but only if the loan contract has a "can be recalled" clause on it, because if you were to buy a player without that clause then the club doing the selling would be in breach of contract and whatnot. Perhaps there should be an option for allowing compensation to be paid in these situations, but I can't see a big enough need for it really.

Bidding wars for stadiums after special events.

This would be pretty cool, but it would only work if the game had provision for countries building new stadiums for special events, which I don't believe it does currently and I doubt SI would be willing to code something like that.

This happens about as often as an eclipse

Eclipses happen reasonably regularly.

This would be pretty cool, but it would only work if the game had provision for countries building new stadiums for special events, which I don't believe it does currently and I doubt SI would be willing to code something like that.

Eclipses happen reasonably regularly.

Not were i live

Buying a player and loaning them straight back.
1. You can buy a player but set the join date to the End of Season. Effectively you've bought them but they can still play him, sorta like buying him and loaning him back to the club (if that was the questioN?

Done

Bidding wars for stadiums after special events.

you's serious? What's that to do with being a football manager? This isn't City Councilor 2012.

Not were i live

In which case you are only referring to a total solar eclipse, which is indeed rare. I'm being a pedant because there are both solar eclipses and lunar eclipses and varying degrees of each are still considered eclipses (the moon barely covering 1% of the sun would still be an eclipse)

Anyways, back on topic:- Players getting sponsorship deals. I'm not sure this would ever have any effect on gameplay, but it'd be an interesting element to consider.

Anyways, back on topic:- Players getting sponsorship deals. I'm not sure this would ever have any effect on gameplay, but it'd be an interesting element to consider.

Why would that be interesting? What has that got to do with being a football manager? Would any manager give a crap who their player was sponsored by and how much they got from it?

It would just be more useless news items.

1. You can buy a player but set the join date to the End of Season. Effectively you've bought them but they can still play him, sorta like buying him and loaning him back to the club (if that was the questioN?

This wasn't what I mean. I mean I buy a player that is on loan, and get him immediately in my team. Benfica did this with Kardec last season, he was on loan at Vasco, Benfica paid Vasco a compensatory value, and he came right away to Benfica.

This wasn't what I mean. I mean I buy a player that is on loan, and get him immediately in my team. Benfica did this with Kardec last season, he was on loan at Vasco, Benfica paid Vasco a compensatory value, and he came right away to Benfica.

This is only possible in FM when a player has "Can be recalled" clause (no compensation is involved then).

it depends if the team loaning the player have spent a fee on him or not, if they have paid for the loan they have affectivly bought his contract for a season. I think in real life the club who owns the player would have to ask the team loaning the player if they are willing to let him leave right away and if so discuss compensation but i dont think it could be enforced. If players have loaned for free in the game they will join you right away if you buy them.

Why would that be interesting? What has that got to do with being a football manager? Would any manager give a crap who their player was sponsored by and how much they got from it?

You have a very negative viewpoint on things. There are already plenty of 'pointless' news items. For people that are interested in statistics, they are interesting news items, for everyone else they're a waste of time to have to click through.

You have a very negative viewpoint on things. There are already plenty of 'pointless' news items. For people that are interested in statistics, they are interesting news items, for everyone else they're a waste of time to have to click through.

That's exactly my point - we don't need anymore.

It's not a negative viewpoint - it's a realistic viewpoint.

Fully agree with this. There are plenty of problems that could be fixed before we think about adding irrelevant things like that.

I would LOVE to be able to do training ground routines (set peices).

How many times, in the history of football, do you see set peices on corners and free kicks.

Something that you have never been able to do on FM :(.

I'm afraid such a feature would end up being the biggest exploit-fest to date in the CM/FM franchise since the Diablo tactic...

Recent editions of Championship Manager proved how easily you can "cheat" the match engine with a set pieces editor... Also the so-called Corner Bug has been present in some capacity for some years already, so I don't want to imagine how bigger the whole issue would get should SI implement a set-pieces routine editor.

Back OT.

* Managers signing pre-contracts with other clubs... Basically the only way to get a manager to change club is by sacking or by resignation. But such changes will rarely, if ever, take place at the end of the season, so the human manager too is forced to jump ship during the season if he wants a new challenge.

That's not how it works in real life... Honestly I'm baffled SI haven't bothered to create a semi-credible manager change scenario... Contracts are more or less cosmetic...

* Players getting contract offers by other clubs BEFORE ending up on the free agents list... That's a very serious issue too. Human managers can build an entire Starting XI every year just by signing good players who are out of contract and have left their old club. In real life they would get plenty of contract offers and would leave on Bosman without spending 10 seconds without a valid contract

* Managers signing pre-contracts with other clubs... Basically the only way to get a manager to change club is by sacking or by resignation. But such changes will rarely, if ever, take place at the end of the season, so the human manager too is forced to jump ship during the season if he wants a new challenge.

That's not how it works in real life... Honestly I'm baffled SI haven't bothered to create a semi-credible manager change scenario... Contracts are more or less cosmetic...

SI should make this a priority for the next release!

Managerial changes are very unrealistic now and it's been like this for ages.

Archived