Problem with applying for new job...

Hi - sorry if this has been covered before, I've had a gander at a couple of threads on here but they don't relate to this specific point.

I'm managing Celtic in the SPL and I know it's league rep is three stars. My nationality is Scottish with Italian as a second nationality, experience listed as ex-international.

However, I've been there four seasons and I'm working on a profit in terms of transfer fees recouped and my achievements there I'm sure you'll agree are pretty good:

4 League Titles

2 European Cups

1 Europa League

2 Scottish Cups

3 Scottish League Cups

2 European Super Cups

1 World Club Cup

Something like 75% win ration - actually retained the European Club and now have the longest unbeaten record in the competiton at something like 26 matches. My contract expires at the season's end.

Now, I'm into my fifth season and two jobs became available that I wanted. The first AC Milan, who were 13th at the time and haven't won a trophy in my game's life-time. I applied for the job and it went to the Italian National teams Under 20 coach.

Second, Everton job becomes available. Again I apply and am unsuccessful as the job goes to Billy Davis. Everton are currently 12th, have been relegated in my game's life-time though came 4th last season and qualified for CL group stages.

Billy Davis and the Italian chap who got the AC Milan job have not won a trophy in their time on the game wheras I've won everything I actually can. I can't do more.

So, given the context and background outlined above - why did I not get those jobs when I was clearly better qualified than the successful (for want of a better word) managers? Is it down to the league I'm managing in? If so I'll have to start a new save game as I can't be bothered carrying on in Scotland.

Sorry for the length of the post, I was just looking forward to pastures new and I'm a bit frustrated that a save game I'm enjoying may have to be discarded.

Archived