Snow in the A-League?

This has been mentioned by people before, and if I recall correctly, it's because the weather model on the game is fairly simplified. Based on location, season, and randomness I think.

They choose an approximate climate, and let it do it's thing... Adelaide obviously comes in far South enough on the mathematics of it all that snow has a probability of greater than 0.

This has been mentioned by people before, and if I recall correctly, it's because the weather model on the game is fairly simplified. Based on location, season, and randomness I think.

They choose an approximate climate, and let it do it's thing... Adelaide obviously comes in far South enough on the mathematics of it all that snow has a probability of greater than 0.

Adelaide is one of the hottest cities in Aus if not the hottest. Last summer or the one before that maybe they had 8 straight days of 40+ degrees. People were dying from the heat.

Now it does snow in some parts of Aus usually until mid Sep at the latest although this year we had snow in Tasmania as low as 700m ASL in Oct or Nov not sure but until last couple of weeks it has been a very mild summer and snow in mid to late spring is unusual.

I think the problem is that the weather parameters for Adelaide/mid SA coast show in spring that it has a 3% chance of being cold.

Which probably means that the game interprets this as being cold enough to snow when there is precipitation.

So yes I believe this flaw is due to the weather in game being very simple.

To be fair to SI it would be a nightmare to create seperate weather for every city.

Also I don't think it takes into account different times of the day. So when it says it has a 3% chance of being cold that would probably only be o/night. Yes it probably could get to around 0 degrees o/night in early spring it wouldn't during the day or early night.

Yes it does seem strange. On the whole the weather effects are slowly improving each release however there is still room for a lot more. I am managing in Ireland and it always rains in the second half regardless of the forecast, always the second half, it can start sunny and then rain or it might rain all game, but I have never seen it rain and then clear up.

I haven't been playing lately, but do recall some weird things happening in regards to weather - like the report being breezy on +10 degrees but during the match the commentary read that 'players were trudging through the rain'. It appears to rain even when it says (in the match information during games) that it is dry. If you experience any weird weather behavior it might be a good idea to send in a copy of your game so that they can look at it. The final patch is comming up so I don't think there will be much time if they are not aware of this thus not doing any changes for the changelist....

I stand corrected but although it would probably only snow in the hills and not in the coastal and low lying areas.

Can the OP please specify the date of the game.

But like I said before the game doesn't seem to take into account time of day. I have seen temperature of 0 and below in Sydney at 3pm. Does get that cold but only overnight.

I hadn't seen this before, I'll have to check Adelaide's weather settings and see if something needs to be changed. Pity it came up a day after the data deadline, if anything needs to be changed i'll log it as bug and fingers crossed it can be done for the upcoming patch

"the weather model on the game is fairly simplified. Based on location, season, and randomness I think.

They choose an approximate climate, and let it do it's thing... Adelaide obviously comes in far South enough on the mathematics of it all that snow has a probability of greater than 0."

This topic is being given way too much lip service.

Guys, it's about the football not the weather.

It rains every game in England from November - March, but I don't care.

It is also sunny and 25+ degrees in June/July/August which is unrealistic but it really doesn't effect the game much at all.

Archived