Manager Contract Problems

I've been managing Barcelona now for 5 years keeping the board happy, I signed a new contract at the end of the first season after winning the league which lasted 5 years. I'm now currently in the pre-season of 2015 with 1 year left on my contract and would like to sign a new 1 as i have managed to bring some really good youth players through and look like we could win many more things for a long time.

So January i ask the board for a new contract, they agree and said it will be with me soon to which it is, 45.500k for another 4 years i'm happy with that not as if i can do anything with the money anyway but i can't agree to it as its greyed out. Currently i have have been offered it again just before the players come back from there hol's and the same thing i can't accept it. Having messed around to see when the button comes ungreyed i have to get them to agree to pay me 95k a week which there not willing to do.

With 1 year left on my contract and about 3-4 really good youth coming through the ranks i don't want to leave and am happy with the 45.5k offer but why will the game not let me sign it. Yes my rep is world class but its me doing the talking not a agent.

Has anyone else had this problem or know if there is anyway of sorting it, i have tried increasing my wage budget with the board to see if that would make any difference but no, seems really daft as tbh i don't care what i'm paid don't get to use it.

Any info on the matter will be very helpful.

I had a similar problem when i first joined barcelona from lazio. I had to change length of contract and then increase my wages to the minimum that it would then allow me to accept the contract.

If you are unable to do this you may have to use FMRTE to extend your contract.

Hey Ninjanutter!

I had that problem the other week and as I agree with James170288 that you may need to use the FMRTE, I also have an alternative suggestion.

Try this, it worked for me.

1. SAVE the game just after you're are offered the contract (45,500 a week) etc

2. Then go on holiday and select the return to club after one day option.

3. When the game stops processing, it should the contract for you :)

Let me know if it works for you!

Take care.

Archived