The late, LATE show! Greatest ever comeback?

I'm 2-0 down against Real Madrid in the Champions League Final as Oxford in the 90th minute. I'm also already down to 10 men after my left-back got his marching orders at the end of the first half.

I then score twice in the 90th and 94th minute to take the game to extra time and go on to win after Real score an own goal! Incredible!

Anyone done better?

latecl.png

When Foley scored in the 90th minute the commentary said 'Oxford can celebrate all they like, it wont make any difference' and i agreed with that assesment so i just couldn't believe it when we scored again in the 94th, especially as we were also playing with 10 men.

I can't say it is better than the AC - Liverpool final... that was one of the greatest games I have ever seen. My dad hates football but he was on the edge of his seat for that.

Nice achievement though :D

I can't say it is better than the AC - Liverpool final... that was one of the greatest games I have ever seen. My dad hates football but he was on the edge of his seat for that.

Nice achievement though :D

What, 2-0 down with 10 men after 90 minutes!? I think it's better myself!

Liverpool took much longer to come back, i did in 4 minutes what it took them to do in the whole of the second half ;)

how old is marco verratti there? what has his career been like?

Pretty decent. Had him on loan from Inter to start with and then bought him for £2.5m. Bargain. He is the current Italy captain and still first choice at Oxford after all those years, now in his 12th season with us.

26521566.png

20264959.png

71510078.png

I'll play him for as long as he wants to stay.

Nothing as grand as yours but, 2011/12 Season. Top of the Bundesliga with HSV and had been since the start of the Christmas break, we're nearing the the end of the season. But Bayern, Wolfsburg, and Leverkusen are all closely behind me. Away to Wolfsburg, a loss could see Hamburg drop to fourth if Bayern and Leverkusen win their matches.

I go three - nil down before the end of the second half, the rest of the second half is stalemate. We manage to fight back but to no avail, in till the 79 minute. We score, what was to me at the time a consolation goal, however I was very wrong. We go on to score FIVE more goals before the end of the final whistle. Final score; Wolfsburg, 3 - HSV, 6. I was well chuffed with my team Even better that Bayern and Leverkusen lost both of their games too. It didn't give me to title as things after still weren't safe as Bayern then went on to win every game till the end of the season and I knew I'd be second if we slipped up but, we held them off. The Bundesliga was ours! :D

I'm 2-0 down against Real Madrid in the Champions League Final as Oxford in the 90th minute. I'm also already down to 10 men after my left-back got his marching orders at the end of the first half.

I then score twice in the 90th and 94th minute to take the game to extra time and go on to win after Real score an own goal! Incredible!

Anyone done better?

http://img87.imageshack.us/i/latecl.png/

Ole would be proud.

This one might qualify as well. :)

Israel - Albania

(I'm in charge of Albania there, obviously. World Cup Qualifying match, and the point probably won't make a difference to us in the end, but still, a definite air-punching moment when we scored the last goal.)

Hahaha Israeli Chokefest at its ****ing BEST!!!!! :D

So Israeli to lose a match like that!!! :D (and im saying it as an israeli)

Christ that must have felt good!

I'm doing a game with Luton and after 3 seasons I've only come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 ONCE. And it certainly wasn't in a Champions League final. Real Madrid v Luton is certainly a sight I hope to eventually see though. :)

got a lot of respect for you mate IF you did this all legit. a true fm'er ;) thats coming from a swindonian aswell :p

I can assure you it's all legit sir. This is FM10, I'm in 2025 and have played as Oxford since the start. Been playing this save since December 2009. It's my most enjoyable (and successful) save ever, and i've played every version.

My saved game is available to download here if anyone fancies a look: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ng03js5754u79w I always upload it to a file hosting website at the end of every season as i'm paranoid it will get lost if it's only on my computer!

I feel sorry for verratti being runner up in all those awards! Seven times a runner up and never won one!

Maybe in a few seasons he'll get a Giggs 2009 type player of the year award when everyone votes for him out of respect for his whole career even though he isnt the best player anymore :)

Would be nice. Would love him to get an award before he retires, problem is i have better players than him in my team that are usually the award winners.

Archived