Keep getting players injured after making 3 subs :-(

when are you making your subs? are you taking off the tired players?

although i imagine it will never be confirmed, it can be assumed that if a team uses all of their subs that the opposition will go in a bit harder on their players as it can give them an advantage.

i do see your point. it has happened to me a few times and can be annoying, especially when the injury happens 1 minute after making changes

It's just one of the problems with the game at the moment - there are too many "have to drag the player off the field" injuries. It's like sitting on a ticking time bomb. A player collides with another player, gets a scratch on his face and he's out for the rest of the game. It's right up there with centerbacks scoring on too many headers from corners, overrated players (players you barely heard of playing in foreign leagues rated with 16-18's in every category), the annoying transfer system where the AI keeps bidding the set value of a player, and the ludicrous odds system where your team in first will be underdogs against the last place team if they have a higher reputation. It's still a good game.

In 20 games this season i've been down to 10 men 5 times so far(from making 3 subs) and its really frustrating, cost me about 3 games, this rarely happens in real life! Why!? :cool:

I always make my 3 subs & always take off the most tired players. I usually start around the 60th minute & see what happens from there. I do rarely get a player sent off (& can't cover the position effectively) or get injuries. But I did have a cup game on FM11 where the opposition made all their subs by the 75th minute & by the end of extra time they had 6 players left on the field. I had 11. And a 4 goal win. But I haven't noticed it to the degree you seem to be?

In 20 games this season i've been down to 10 men 5 times so far(from making 3 subs) and its really frustrating, cost me about 3 games, this rarely happens in real life! Why!? :cool:

IRL managers rarely use all 3 subs, or at least not until very near the end of the match.

It's up to you as the manager whether to gamble on using all 3 too early and risk going to 10 men, or leave players on who may be a little tired.

I usually make 2 subs at about 65 mins, and use the third after 80 mins, only if I really have to. This means I very rarely finish games with 10 men.

It's not something that's unique to this version, I've always seen it, going back all the way to CM01/02. Though at least with CM01/02 having to play with 10 men rarely cost you.

when are you making your subs? are you taking off the tired players?

I usually - if I think the score allows it - make substitutions round the 60th minute mark; both to keep my star players fresh for the next game and to give the youngsters on my bench some playing time and a fair shot at a decent rating. I know I'm probably pretty anal about this, but I think it's unfair to sub a player on in the 80th minute, leaving him without enough time to do something decent.

although i imagine it will never be confirmed, it can be assumed that if a team uses all of their subs that the opposition will go in a bit harder on their players as it can give them an advantage.

That makes sense.

I have the same problem. It's not always that I've used my 3rd sub and get an injury, but it happens more often than in real life I would say. It seems there is a connection somehow. As if the opposition trying harder to hurt us as there will be a 10-men situation if one gets injured.

I do not dare sub my third player before the 80th minute for this reason.

Archived