Striking Problems

This isn't a problem as such, just something I've noticed.

Basically, one of my strikers seems to be scoring an unbelievable amount of goals, whilst the rest struggle to reach double figures for a season. As it stands, with 3 games left of the season, my star player has scored 52, while my next best is on 13. This has been the case in all 4 of the season I've played.

Anyone else had something strange like this ?

Should have made it clear that I'm aware for most teams one striker will out score another, but at most top teams, you'll have at least 2 maybe more getting into double figures for the season, my team seems to be the exception to this.

For the current season he's scored 53 goals in 51(3) appearances in total and in previous seasons he's scored 24 in 33, 45 in 36 and 30 in 33 games. The last three totals are league goals only.

He is a deadly strike force. On avarage he scores ove a goal for each game. Also it depends to your tactics. If you play with one striked this could happen, but as far as I can figure out you play with 2 strikers. These kinds of stats could come out, but the odd thing is that it is happening for 4 seasons. If there is not a lot of difference between your star striker's stats and the other striker's stats; it shouldn't happen 4 seasons in a row. In my game my veteran striker is having double figures only, but I am playing 4-2-3-1 with wide wingers.

I'm using a basic 4-4-2 with some minor alterations to the team instructions and yes, you're right in saying that I'm playing with two strikers. Strangely, the attributes of my current second striker are probably better but he's only been in the side for 6 months. In that time he scored 8 goals in 18 league games.

I'm using a basic 4-4-2 with some minor alterations to the team instructions and yes, you're right in saying that I'm playing with two strikers. Strangely, the attributes of my current second striker are probably better but he's only been in the side for 6 months. In that time he scored 8 goals in 18 league games.

Very interesting. You said your second striker's abilities are better. Then the only thing that I think of is your primary striker CA and PA should be very high. Maybe someone else could have better explanation?? I can't think of anything else...

Not sure how to find out what his CA/PA is but his name is 'Leigh Griffiths' if anyone knows what his stats are.

I signed him in FM09 or FM10. I know he is a great guy. I suppose the CA nad PA differs in different save games. I never used it, but I know you can check CA and PA with FMRTE. You can download it from this link: http://www.fmrte.com/

If you don't like cheating; use FMRTE wisely. I know you can get all the info you want with FMRTE, and you can do all sorts of cheats.

I know about FMRTE but haven't ever downloaded it due to the number of things you can do with it. I know 'Griffithis ' is a very highly rated player, but surely no matter what his CA/PA is, over 30 goals a season for 4 years straight for someone so young is a tad unrealistic ?

I am experiencing your problem.

I have Neymar uprfront on the right hand side of a 4-4-2 diamond. Next to him I have regen who at 20 years old has a worldwide reputation, has 90% of his stats higher than Neymar (including all key forward ones) but still Neymar outscores him at a 4:1 ratio. This has been the case with other strikers I have paired him with including Babacar, Lukaku and Dzeko.

However when I swap them over on their positions my regen starts outscoring Neymar. So this led me to think it was the type of role I was assigning each striker. To test this I set them to identical roles including advanced options. Whoever was on the right side of the front two scored far more goals. This led me to think it was something to do with the players behind and the way they were playing balls in. To try and test this (a bit hard to test it accurately) I rotated my players to opposite sides eg. swapping 2 CM's and 2 CB's and swapping their roles over. Putting my reserve fullbacks and matching their advanced tactics up. I also swapped my AM from a right footed player to a left footed player. Still the right hand striker out scores! I am starting to think that what the AI determines as the last striker to be picked on the team sheet is your main scorer but this would not make sense - but otherwise I am stumped...

Does anyone have any experience on FM 11 of 2 stikers with similar stats who score an equalish amount of goals regularly?

I do appreciate that if you look at nearly all of the top teams 1 striker does tend to score the majority of goals, e.g. this season IRL Berb, Tevez, Torres but on FM 11 it seems that it is the position of the striker rather than the actual player.

As I was writing I knew this would be the case :-) - I am sure there is no bug just some sort of coincidence or rational explanation. By any chance when there are no players selected on the tactic screen did you swap the FWD positions over? - as this alters who is picked last when the players are selected? I will test this and see if it changes things.

haha well i have the opposite my top striker plays on the left hand side and he cant seem to miss at the moment, 42 goals in 36 games overall!!

As I was writing I knew this would be the case :-) - I am sure there is no bug just some sort of coincidence or rational explanation. By any chance when there are no players selected on the tactic screen did you swap the FWD positions over? - as this alters who is picked last when the players are selected? I will test this and see if it changes things.

Hmm no i am very anal about that i hate players not being in the right place on the team sheet so everyone stays where they should. My left striker does play as a poacher so i have always assumed it was for that reason, it would be interesting to see what you come up with tho.

Not sure how to find out what his CA/PA is but his name is 'Leigh Griffiths' if anyone knows what his stats are.

I have him in my palace team atm. He is very very inconsistant, he creates many more chances than he takes himself, is very one sided and does badly on the right, however in big important matches he seems to pop his cork, turning in a hat trick and a 9.0 performance against liverpool in the FA cup. He earns his pay most matches but over all is not a prolific scorer. BTW i watch all of my matches so i dunno what difference that might make.

I have him in my palace team atm. He is very very inconsistant, he creates many more chances than he takes himself, is very one sided and does badly on the right, however in big important matches he seems to pop his cork, turning in a hat trick and a 9.0 performance against liverpool in the FA cup. He earns his pay most matches but over all is not a prolific scorer. BTW i watch all of my matches so i dunno what difference that might make.

I watch my matches in key highlight mode and he does seem to miss a lot of chances despite scoring a huge amount. Maybe I'm just getting really lucky, but I didn't think anyone was capable of producing that amount of goals consistently.

I have the same problem (well not a problem for me). I play Torres as a complete forward and the other forward is a treqavest (sorry if the spelling is wrong). i expect Torres to get the lions share of the goals so hence it is not a problem for me.

Check what rolls your forwards play as you may find changing the less scoring forwards roll may increase the goals he scores.

I have the same problem (well not a problem for me). I play Torres as a complete forward and the other forward is a treqavest (sorry if the spelling is wrong). i expect Torres to get the lions share of the goals so hence it is not a problem for me.

Check what rolls your forwards play as you may find changing the less scoring forwards roll may increase the goals he scores.

I see your point, but I'm not finding the lack of goals from other strikers as the actual problem. The main thing is that some strikers seem to be getting a very unrealistic amount of goals. For example, I play in the SPL, in past 11 years in real life, 30 goals has been passed on 3 occasions by two different players with 2 years seperating each of the seasons. Two different players shared these 3 tallys (Larsson 35 & 30, Boyd 32). Now you could argue that Larrson was too good for the SPL leaving only Boyd whos managed to surpass 30 playing at a level which suits him. In my game, 30 goals (40 in one case) has been passed in 3 of 4 season by the same player, and its looking very much like he will do the same again (17 at Jan 1st). Surely that is unrealistic ?

I do not see this as a problem in the SPL - lets face it if you are a decent striker at Celtic or Rangers you can pretty much guarantee you will get a lot of goals for them. I do not know the real life stats but I suspect that what you are experiencing on the game is not that far off what has happened in real life.

In my save game Torres has got in all competitions 50 - 55 goals a season for the last 5 years in a row. This is probably unrealistic irl but in the game I do play an attacking formation.

Archived